post #1 of 32

is called to order.

Who's up?
Whatcha workin on?

31 replies
leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 14 Aug 2010 , 2:34am
post #2 of 32

One 3 tier wedding cake delivered earlier today and that's it for wedding cakes this weekend. Slllooowwww.

Next Saturday I have three! Yeah!!

And tomorrow I'm meeting Mim1106 who ordered a small cake since she's traveling to my general area.

SweetPatsy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetPatsy Posted 14 Aug 2010 , 2:44am
post #3 of 32

I am practicing borders with buttercream..........I am teaching myself along with CC and you tube.

Where in KY are you Leah, I was born and raised in Harlan, KY.

korensmommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
korensmommy Posted 14 Aug 2010 , 2:46am
post #4 of 32

Did a cake last night that I actually think came out great! Have one for tomorrow morning that I actually finished very early thanks to my hubby helping out with the kids.

Also preparing for a job as the in-house baker for a local coffee shop that is opening in October. Very excited to have my own kitchen stocked with everything I need, bought by someone else!

cheriej Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheriej Posted 14 Aug 2010 , 2:49am
post #5 of 32

Hi!
I will be going to ICES tomorrow for the day! I've never been so I hope to spot TexasSugar and get a picture along with others from CC (hope they are all wearing their beads or some ID!).

On Sunday will be baking a friends bday cake. 10" WASC with raspberry cream cheese chambord filling. I've made the cake a lot but it was what she wanted.

And if I ever come to KY with my husband leah_s, I will be sure to order a Key Lime Pie from you in advance!!! icon_biggrin.gif

leah_s Posted 14 Aug 2010 , 2:50am
post #6 of 32

SweetPatsy, I'm in the big city of Louisville. icon_smile.gif

dreamcakesmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dreamcakesmom Posted 14 Aug 2010 , 2:56am
post #7 of 32

working on a 4 tier wedding cake. it's my first time stacking 4 tiers, have always done 3 but using sps so I am optimistic!

CookieD-oh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CookieD-oh Posted 14 Aug 2010 , 2:58am
post #8 of 32

Not doing anything tonight, but earlier this week did a practice cake with my brand new Agbay. It is SWEET!!!

KJ62798 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KJ62798 Posted 14 Aug 2010 , 3:04am
post #9 of 32

No cakes this weekend. Shipping the kiddos to grammy tomorrow so the DH & I can have a date thumbs_up.gif

Sunday, I'm hitting ICES for a shopping day. (I will not spend too much! I will not spend too much) Can't wait to get new toys.

Kristy

leah_s Posted 14 Aug 2010 , 3:05am
post #10 of 32

oooooo, an Agbay and first time SPS user in the same thread. Good caking!

Marianna46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marianna46 Posted 14 Aug 2010 , 3:11am
post #11 of 32

Did my first FBCT yesterday - I was thrilled with the way it turned out and am planning a couple more very soon. My granddaughter's eighth birthday party is in exactly two weeks, so tonight I'm busy making fondant and gumpaste thingummys (shoe, clutch purse, make-up, jewelry, iPod, cell phone, sunglasses, etc., etc., etc.) for the diva cake she's asked for. She even drew me a design. It's been so hot here lately that my tiered cakes are getting mushy, so I'm leaning toward a torted sheet (or two short layers in the sheet cake pan) for the occasion. It will be hot pink, not sure whether buttercream or fondant, with zebra stripes and hot pink feathers, plus all the gumpaste things I manage to make before the 27th.

ALVARGA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ALVARGA Posted 14 Aug 2010 , 3:35am
post #12 of 32

Just finished working a Groom's cake for tomorrow evening. Chocolate with raspberry buttercream filling, chocolate frosting and chocolate covered strawberries. Cake is done and first two layers are stacked. Will stack last layer and add strawberries at the event site. Still have to dip strawberries tomorrow morning, didn't want them to get weepy overnite. Oh, also made chocolate raspberry cake balls out of leftovers. Have to dip those in the morning also. Been a very busy evening....

cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 14 Aug 2010 , 3:36am
post #13 of 32

I am un-burying my cake dressers tonight. My son is leaving for college tomorrow. The Uhaul is almost packed so after months of moving boxes in the way, I can finally get to everything again! I've got evil plans for his bedroom, I tell you. Evil! Bwhahahahahahahaha!! icon_evil.gif

anasazi17 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anasazi17 Posted 14 Aug 2010 , 3:38am
post #14 of 32

I had several party cakes that I got done early so I could work on some dummies for a bridal expo. May I say I hate dummy cakes!! Thank goodness Wilton fondant is like rubber. I have had the most issues with those darn things...perhaps because I've been caking since 6am straight!!! Who knows, I just hope they turn out good icon_smile.gif

Oh ya and I did some fancy cc's that a gal ordered for a "photo shoot". I just found out the photo shoot is of nudie people! LOLOL haha I don't think I'll ask the photog for a copy icon_wink.gificon_wink.gif

auntbeesbaking Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntbeesbaking Posted 14 Aug 2010 , 3:44am
post #15 of 32

Easy night = just making a 9" recreation of the deep dark chocolate cake from my son's wedding last weekend. The bride and groom didn't have but one bite and they're coming back from their honeymoon tomorrow. So, maybe they can have a slice while they're opening their gifts.

The SPS was a success and much easier to use than I was fearing - and not as expensive as I was originally thinking! Kudos to Leah who encouraged me!! thumbs_up.gif

And of course, leveling was so easy with my agbay!

leah_s Posted 14 Aug 2010 , 3:52am
post #16 of 32

Yeah, for auntbee! You're going to be unstoppable now, with your Agbay and SPS!!!

emiyeric Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emiyeric Posted 14 Aug 2010 , 4:04am
post #17 of 32

I ended up rebaking my stupid red velvet "steak" cake, and just carved and torted it. I don't ever bake red velvet, but this was my friend's very specific request ... that'll learn me. I would usually carve after freezing, but I'm a little short on time now, so I'll freeze overnight already carved, and fill and settle early tomorrow morning (I'll be using Leah's tile trick for sure!), and slap on some icing/fondant midday. Hate to rush things, but I'm kind of stuck at this point ... it shouldn't be a hard cake to do (PLEASE don't be a hard cake to do!!!!!).

Congrats on the agbays! Just torted that sucker in 45 seconds thanks to mine icon_smile.gif.

cakegrandma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegrandma Posted 14 Aug 2010 , 4:05am
post #18 of 32

This is my first meeting so here goes, "hello, my name is Evelyn and I am a cakeaholic" icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif Seriously though, I just got through making a key lime cake and some of the king size cupcakes from the batter. I made key lime curd and I am going to put this along with some rum macerated strawberries between the layers. Icing will be cream cheese with some of the curd in it..
This morning I also made some bear claws and they were really good. So good in fact my husband ate 2 after he got home from work and this is unusual as he has so much will power to stop at 1 of anything, piece of cake, brownies and my scones.
evelyn

Lcubed82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lcubed82 Posted 14 Aug 2010 , 4:07am
post #19 of 32

My cake for a friend got moved to next weekend.
Loaded up the van- DD left for school earlier this week, we head down tomorrow with all her stuff!
Committed to try a monster truck cake with a friend for Sept! Looking forward to that.
DS starts school again Tuesday- getting back to a schedule will be helpful!
Tomorrow night I have to press badges and make bookplates for Promotion Sunday at church.

Have a great weekend, all!

debbief Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debbief Posted 14 Aug 2010 , 4:34am
post #20 of 32

I'm trying to make palm trees for a luau/beach cake. Not as easy as I thought it would be icon_sad.gif But I'm not a quiter...I will succeed!!! But maybe not tonight...

sberryp Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sberryp Posted 14 Aug 2010 , 4:38am
post #21 of 32

Just finished a baby shower cake. Happy with the outcome. Already uploaded the picture. Now chatting with you lovely bakers/ decorators.

Ruth0209 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Ruth0209 Posted 14 Aug 2010 , 4:46am
post #22 of 32

I'm working on 200 cupcakes for a wedding tomorrow. I'm only on cupcake 36 or so, so I have a long way to go tonight.

lorieleann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lorieleann Posted 14 Aug 2010 , 4:54am
post #23 of 32

update on last week's FNCC question/issue with SPS. I did leave the cake unstacked and my bottom layer was a bit too tall, so i didn't get a good footing on the bottom. There was a slight lean to the cake when i stacked it on site, but i arranged it so it was only visible from one angle. Because i was a guest at the wedding i was able to take the cake apart for the cake cutter--she was unfamiliar with the SPS and was amazed at how easily it just came apart and the tiers were removed. The fondant didn't stick at all to the pillars. There is a photo of the SPS and the cake boxed ready to go in my pics with the brown and blue wedding cake.

tonight i had two party cakes to do that were going to a youth football club bake sale. The team that contributed the cake that brought in the most money got a $50 bonus. I got a text that they brought in $200 and won the bonus. Yeah team!

gr8yf Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
gr8yf Posted 14 Aug 2010 , 5:03am
post #24 of 32

I am making a spaghetti and meatballs cake going away cake for my italian friend, and homemade coffee ice cream with fudgy brownies for me. I proudly eat my feelings.

catlharper Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
catlharper Posted 14 Aug 2010 , 5:06am
post #25 of 32

Hi everyone...checking in really late cause my deliveries this weekend are in the Bay Area so we had to travel with one cake in a cake box (3D dirt bike helmet in my albums) and one cake in the cake safe (2 tier 1st birthday cake for my grandaughters party tomorrow) right after my husbands work today. But both cakes and all people are here in San Jose safe and sound<G> Today was a challenge. For the past three days I've been battling my allergies and today I swear it was more meds working than me. At times like these it's hard being the only employee in this business. Would have been heaven to just pass it off to someone else. Of course, with my grandaughters cake I wouldn't have trusted anyone else with it but the 3D I would have gladly handed it off! LOL! Oh well, maybe someday I'll have an actual employee.

I'll post photos of the tiered cake tomorrow night or Sunday!

Have a great weekend everyone!

Cat

Cake_Bliss Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cake_Bliss Posted 14 Aug 2010 , 5:37am
post #26 of 32

Hi everyone!! I am working on a wine bottle cake and a batmobile cake for friends of friends. going pretty well...knock on woodicon_smile.gif LOL!!! I am so wide awake it is crazy!

cakelady48 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakelady48 Posted 14 Aug 2010 , 6:02am
post #27 of 32

Hi Everyone
I'm working on a few cakes tonight, 3 tier wedding cake, !00 cupcakes w/ a top cake for a wedding, a big cake for an astrological assoc. that turned out very cool. and a 2 tier birthday cake. Will probably be another all-nighter. Had a lot of these lately.Think I need to cut back a bit.

sweetooth0510 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sweetooth0510 Posted 14 Aug 2010 , 6:20am
post #28 of 32

It's Saturday night here for me, have just finished a police car for my sons family birthday party tomorrow. Thinking about starting on the class lot of fire engine cookies for Monday (his actual birthday) for the trip to the fire station. I've also finished a scooby doo, Star Wars themed cake & a camo 1 tier cake.

Luffie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Luffie Posted 14 Aug 2010 , 7:14am
post #29 of 32

It's late Friday night here (oops it's 3am, technically morning) Longggg caking day. Made all my supplies for the next few days - 6 batches of buttercream, 4 batches of MMF, a few pounds of gumpaste...and a partridge in a pear tree...

Middle of the night and I've just finished a giant beer jug cake for my son's friend - his birthday is tomorrow. Two cupcake orders needed for tomorrow, will finish those tomorrow morning - which is technically in a scant few hours.

I love caking in the middle of the night, I get so much done, but it is soooo painful the next morning lol.

Good night and sweet cakes all
icon_smile.gif

luvmysmoother Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvmysmoother Posted 14 Aug 2010 , 7:48am
post #30 of 32

It's actually Saturday morning now where I am but I finished a four tier wedding cake today and am currently working on a 12" "island" cake with a pirate ship cake on top and a treasure chest cake on the side (due in less than 8 hours)...just got the pirate cake request last night - oh well - I've always wanted to make a pirate ship cake so it will be...funicon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%