Hi Ratio Shortening

Baking By 02392Suze Updated 14 Aug 2010 , 4:45pm by Dayti

02392Suze Posted 13 Aug 2010 , 8:08pm
post #1 of 4

Does anyone know what this is and where we can buy it in the UK

3 replies
minicuppie Posted 14 Aug 2010 , 12:35pm
post #2 of 4

Here's a bit of info from the Wilton forum. http://www.wilton.com/forums/messageview.cfm?catid=8&threadid=124308&STARTPAGE=1&FTVAR_MSGDBTABLE=
Where to order, I have not a clue. Tried Squires without any luck. Amazon?

02392Suze Posted 14 Aug 2010 , 3:27pm
post #3 of 4

thank you x

Dayti Posted 14 Aug 2010 , 4:45pm
post #4 of 4

The shortening equivalent in the UK is Trex, or Cookeen. You get it in the butter/margarine section of the supermarket. It's called Vegetable Fat instead of shortening. Just make sure you don't buy lard, cos that's animal fat...
As for whether there is a hi-ratio equivalent, I don't know. I think that shortening/vegetable fat has a larger following in the US, so in the UK there is less choice.

Quote by @%username% on %date%