Help 911 On Belly Cake

Decorating By millicente Updated 13 Aug 2010 , 8:43pm by Marianna46

millicente Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
millicente Posted 13 Aug 2010 , 7:05pm
post #1 of 6

Hello I'm making a pregant belly bake.I AM COOKING IT IN A 4QT PYREX GLASS BOWL. It is not cooking properly. I cooked it @ 345 degress and now I'm trying @ 325....help cake is due in the morning

5 replies
TrixieTreats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TrixieTreats Posted 13 Aug 2010 , 7:19pm
post #2 of 6

You may need a heating core. I always use flower nails on anything that is a bit taller than your average cake pan (3"+)... even small cakes that are tall. If you stick even a metal skewer in the center or a a metal chopstick, that works as well. I use a pyrex casserole dish when I make belly cakes and they bake up just fine.
What exactly is happening to the cake?

pitch16 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pitch16 Posted 13 Aug 2010 , 7:25pm
post #3 of 6

When i baked mine i used the 6 or 8cup mesuring cup. i baked it at 325 but it took for ever to bake. Just watch it closely but the nails are a good idea. good luck

millicente Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
millicente Posted 13 Aug 2010 , 7:48pm
post #4 of 6

the top part was burned and when i tried to take it out the cake just tore apart. but it tasted good.I may trybuying the soccor ball pan and using it?

pitch16 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pitch16 Posted 13 Aug 2010 , 8:32pm
post #5 of 6

i used an anchor brand cup. sorry to hear it didnt work. i cut the botom off mine, and it tookfor every to cool. i also greased and floured the cup really well. i let it cool over night.

Marianna46 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Marianna46 Posted 13 Aug 2010 , 8:43pm
post #6 of 6

I just did one last week in the soccer ball pan and it worked fine, but it wasn't very big. It didn't matter much because it was on top of a large sheet cake. But if the belly is all the cake you're going to have, you might try baking a shallower version in the Pyrex bowl and a round layer the same size as the largest diameter of that cake to put underneath it. That way you wouldn't have to worry so much about the one in the bowl baking all the way through, and you could have some filling between the top and the bottom of the belly. Even though I just used the soccer pan, I torted it into two so as not to have so much cake without any filling/icing. If you don't have a round pan exactly the right size for the bottom of the cake, you could make a slightly bigger one and cut it down to size.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%