Edible Images - Best Products

Decorating By sarastars Updated 18 Aug 2010 , 3:57pm by sarastars

sarastars Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
sarastars Posted 13 Aug 2010 , 4:20pm
post #1 of 6

I have just gone through a night of major frusturation with my edible cartriges...I had to troubleshoot and clean, re-clean my printer for no less then 2 hours. Wasted a few icining sheets, and my large black cartrige is almost empty (6 pages printed in total - plus all the cleaning)! In addition the color quality is no where near my graphics (all vector art).

I used KopyCake products.

Are there better ink cartriges? I am unhappy with the thickness of the icing sheets, I was expecting ones like the Edible Designer Prints that I bought and used successfully here:

http://sarastars.wordpress.com/2010/08/03/graphic-two-tier-cake-crytals-fondant-bow/

I was really happy with the thiness and color intensity of these images and I thought I could achieve the same result.

Any tips would be appriceciated - I have already bought some new icing sheets from Lucks.

5 replies
tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 13 Aug 2010 , 4:35pm
post #2 of 6

What model printer do you have? Check with icingimages and see if they have cartridges for your printer. They also sell a couple of different brands of frosting sheets.

erichazann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
erichazann Posted 13 Aug 2010 , 7:45pm
post #3 of 6

I want to try the premium brand from Icing Images, they say it is exclusive to their store.

Since designer prints are printed on Lucks sheets, you'll probably be satisfied with lucks sheets.

sarastars Posted 16 Aug 2010 , 9:33pm
post #4 of 6

Thanks! I'm ordering cartriges now - thanks!

icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 18 Aug 2010 , 1:27pm
post #5 of 6

Keep in mind that you should be using your printer at least once a week to avoid clogs and troubles with your printer. If you do not do that, you may run into clogs. Now, if you are not using it regularly, I also recommend having a steam cleaner handy as that will take care of most clogs within minutes...not hours! Our gold label inks are the ones that everyone is raving about, those are used in the newer model printers. It is important that your paper settings are on matte and do not change any other settings, this should give you the vibrant colors you are looking for.

As for preprinted images, those are printed using a silk screen, not an inkjet printer, however, we still get vibrant clear prints with our gold label inks. Out of the icing sheets we sell, we have the Lucks which is what the preprinted are carried and our Premium brand. Honestly, I do not like our house brand and only sell it because I have customers who love it, but it is our least popular product. Our Premium brand has edge to edge printing and our easy peel backing. If you are ever ordering from us and want a sample, just ask, we will throw one in for you!

sarastars Posted 18 Aug 2010 , 3:57pm
post #6 of 6

Thanks Debbie, I saw your other posts and I ordered the Lucks and your cartridges, this printer doesn't have the microchip cartridges. I'll be trying it out this week - thank you!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%