? On Wedding Cake, Deposits/rental Fees

Decorating By cake77 Updated 2 Sep 2005 , 2:21pm by SweetArt

cake77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cake77 Posted 1 Sep 2005 , 8:18pm
post #1 of 3

Hi! I am in the process of trying to make a wedding cake contract to fit my needs. I was wondering if someone could help me with this question, I know that the deposit on the plates pillars etc. is the replacement cost if the items are not returned, but do you keep a percentage of this for a usage or rental fee, for ware & tare on the equipment such as 1% or 2%, especially if it is for a fountain, stand, etc, as they are very costly. If so how much do you charge for what, if anything? I hope you can understand what I mean.

Wilma

2 replies
cake77 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cake77 Posted 2 Sep 2005 , 11:58am
post #2 of 3

I am just trying to move this up, as I am sure someone on here must have a thought on this subject, and maybe some of you missed the post.

SweetArt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SweetArt Posted 2 Sep 2005 , 2:21pm
post #3 of 3

I wouldn't take a percentage out of the deposit check, that would make things to confusing. I have heard of people charging a seperate rental fee for the fountain and such. I charge a materials fee of a few dollars to cover the cost of boards, foil, and dowels used in wedding cakes. You could apply that to the wear and tear of plates and pillars also if you wanted too.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%