Long Distance Orders, Help Please?!

Decorating By LCC10 Updated 13 Aug 2010 , 10:19am by LCC10

LCC10 Posted 13 Aug 2010 , 9:40am
post #1 of 3

Hi All,

Question for those who run cake businesses, if you take orders from a client who lives quite a distance away, how do you send their order to them and is it costly? I have someone who lives in Scotland who would like to place an order (I live in London) and I'm worried about transporting the cakes/ cupcakes to them without them getting damaged or the cakes tasting fresh enough?

Any experiences/ comments welcome!

Thanks icon_smile.gif

2 replies
houseofroyalvelvet Posted 13 Aug 2010 , 10:14am
post #2 of 3

I think it's not a good idea to transport the cake if the distance is too far away. If something happens on the way there your cake may be broken/chipped. At the end the customer complains & you may not get the credit. I do cake orders like that too but within the state. It's better to save your "name" if you get what I mean, rather than promoting it in that way. I don't mean to discourage you, just thinking of the bigger risk that you may end up with later on.

Well..hopefully somebody else can give you better advice. Cheers.

LCC10 Posted 13 Aug 2010 , 10:19am
post #3 of 3

Thanks for the reply, I really appreciate your opinion and to be honest I'm feeling like it's not worth it just incase they were damaged (which is probable!) and the cost of a courier would probably be excessive to say the least! I couldn't take it up there myself as I just don't have the time.

Hmmm oh well...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%