Choc Chip Cookie Dough Filling Question

Baking By Skidoochic Updated 16 Aug 2010 , 7:10pm by Skidoochic

Skidoochic Posted 13 Aug 2010 , 5:35am
post #1 of 8

When you make the choc chip cookie dough filling, do you add it to buttercream icing or bettercreme icing or use it alone? Can you pipe with it?

7 replies
karabeal Posted 13 Aug 2010 , 5:58am
post #2 of 8

I made some a couple of weeks ago. I wasn't sure either, but once I made the cookie dough I decided that it would work better if it was "diluted" somewhat with buttercream (more in the style of "cookie dough ice cream"), so that's what I did. It was YUMMY!!! But you could use it straight as it is. I didn't try piping with it. I don't see that working because of the chocolate chips in it--they would clog up the tip unless it was pretty large!

Skidoochic Posted 13 Aug 2010 , 4:07pm
post #3 of 8

Thanks karabeal! I need to fill cupcakes with it and I was thinking of using bettercreme because I think (at least in my mind) it is thinner than buttercream icing, but I still don't know if it will work. I will have to give it a try.

Thanks again for posting!

kger Posted 16 Aug 2010 , 6:26pm
post #4 of 8

Ooh! Sounds good. How do you make it? FYI - I can't use bettercreme or whatever.

Skidoochic Posted 16 Aug 2010 , 6:41pm
post #5 of 8

I just use the recipe in the links on this site. Unfortunately, I have no clue how to do a link on here - sorry. If you can't find it, PM me and I will type it out for you.

kger Posted 16 Aug 2010 , 7:03pm
post #6 of 8

Found it!

Skidoochic Posted 16 Aug 2010 , 7:10pm
post #8 of 8

Thanks JulieMN and to the original poster of the recipe!!! icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%