Praise The Lord For Air Conditioning!

Lounge By Kellbella Updated 14 Aug 2010 , 4:37am by Unlimited

Kellbella Posted 13 Aug 2010 , 1:59am
post #1 of 10

We just got our home's AC unit fixed after 24 hrs with NO AC!!! I was first told that it possibly wouldn't be fixed till MONDAY...I almost started crying. I have cakes to bake this weekend and there was no way I was going to heat up the house even more. It's been around 82 degrees in the house the whole day. My dogs are panting. We called around and found another AC business that had the motor in stock, so it was fixed today...YEAH!!! Thank God for small wonders thumbs_up.gif

9 replies
CWR41 Posted 13 Aug 2010 , 5:09am
post #2 of 10

Amen to that!

mamawrobin Posted 13 Aug 2010 , 2:57pm
post #3 of 10

To the op.....I do agree with you. I couldn't survive without ac. icon_lol.gif My central air runs about 24/7 these days. Our temperatures have been over 100+ for weeks now.

What a blessing that you didn't have to wait until Monday to have yours fixed.
thumbs_up.gif

Personally I could care less WHO invented the ac...I'm just thankful to the LORD that they had the good sense to do so. icon_wink.gifthumbs_up.gif

CWR41 Posted 13 Aug 2010 , 3:03pm
post #4 of 10

Well... praise The Lord that Mr. Carrier was born, and blessed with the God-given talent to invent air conditioning.

mamawrobin Posted 13 Aug 2010 , 3:09pm
post #5 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWR41

Well... praise The Lord that Mr. Carrier was born, and blessed with the God-given talent to invent air conditioning.




thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

CWR41 Posted 13 Aug 2010 , 6:59pm
post #6 of 10

And thank God for the wonderful moderators who stopped the nonsense postings from SapphireClutch this morning!

If it looks like Mamawrobin and I were crazy talking to ourselves, we were responding to one of the posts by this person who wrote:

Topic: Praise the Lord for air conditioning! SapphireClutch

Replies: 4
Views: 26
Forum: The Lounge Posted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:11 am Subject: Praise the Lord for air conditioning! Actually, it was Willis Haviland Carrier who invented air conditioning, not The Lord. Not any lord, for that matter. Being an American, I highly doubt that Mr Carrier was a lord.


In less than an hour, this person wrote 5 somewhat negative and childish posts, so I, for one, am thankful for the moderators shutting them down before they were allowed to continue. (see for yourself, and beware!)

Topic: Cake Boss: Bridezilla Ruins Her Cake SapphireClutch

Replies: 6
Views: 170
Forum: The Lounge Posted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:16 am Subject: Cake Boss: Bridezilla Ruins Her Cake That show is such a set-up. Nothing that happens is ever random.

Replies: 7
Views: 457
Forum: Cake Decorating Business Posted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:27 am Subject: Should I refund the deposit? (Long) No refund no way. What a clientard.

Forum: How Do I? Posted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:51 am Subject: PLEASE HELP!!! A little poo, mixed with water.


(I didn't copy the 5th post... just glad it was also deleted.)

Kellbella Posted 13 Aug 2010 , 11:38pm
post #7 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by CWR41

And thank God for the wonderful moderators who stopped the nonsense postings from SapphireClutch this morning!

If it looks like Mamawrobin and I were crazy talking to ourselves, we were responding to one of the posts by this person who wrote:

Topic: Praise the Lord for air conditioning! SapphireClutch

Replies: 4
Views: 26
Forum: The Lounge Posted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:11 am Subject: Praise the Lord for air conditioning! Actually, it was Willis Haviland Carrier who invented air conditioning, not The Lord. Not any lord, for that matter. Being an American, I highly doubt that Mr Carrier was a lord.


In less than an hour, this person wrote 5 somewhat negative and childish posts, so I, for one, am thankful for the moderators shutting them down before they were allowed to continue. (see for yourself, and beware!)

Topic: : Bridezilla Ruins Her Cake SapphireClutch

Replies: 6
Views: 170
Forum: The Lounge Posted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:16 am Subject: : Bridezilla Ruins Her Cake That show is such a set-up. Nothing that happens is ever random.

Replies: 7
Views: 457
Forum: Cake Decorating Business Posted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:27 am Subject: Should I refund the deposit? (Long) No refund no way. What a clientard.

Forum: How Do I? Posted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 9:51 am Subject: PLEASE HELP!!! A little poo, mixed with water.


(I didn't copy the 5th post... just glad it was also deleted.)




thumbs_up.gif

Unlimited Posted 14 Aug 2010 , 12:34am
post #8 of 10

So glad you got it fixed before baking!

I remember about 10-15 years ago when our home a/c went out and they couldn't fix it before I had to bake... it was miserable! I wore a swimming suit for the whole day, and we were prepared to sleep on rafts in the pool that night if they didn't get it fixed before bedtime. (okay, maybe a hotel would have been a more safe choice, but we didn't need to decide either since it was fixed in time.)

Anyway, as I went down the carpeted steps with baked layers in both hands to take to the deep freezer in the basement, I slipped and fell (probably because I was barefoot and also didn't use the handrail). I was black and blue (and purple and yellow) with bruises all down my entire backside, and was so sore for days. I happened to have a doctor's appointment several days later, and was worried that the doctor would think my husband was abusive! It was so embarrassing, but they fixed me up with thermal heat and I was good to go! Funny now, but not at the time!

Kellbella Posted 14 Aug 2010 , 2:34am
post #9 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unlimited

So glad you got it fixed before baking!

I remember about 10-15 years ago when our home a/c went out and they couldn't fix it before I had to bake... it was miserable! I wore a swimming suit for the whole day, and we were prepared to sleep on rafts in the pool that night if they didn't get it fixed before bedtime. (okay, maybe a hotel would have been a more safe choice, but we didn't need to decide either since it was fixed in time.)

Anyway, as I went down the carpeted steps with baked layers in both hands to take to the deep freezer in the basement, I slipped and fell (probably because I was barefoot and also didn't use the handrail). I was black and blue (and purple and yellow) with bruises all down my entire backside, and was so sore for days. I happened to have a doctor's appointment several days later, and was worried that the doctor would think my husband was abusive! It was so embarrassing, but they fixed me up with thermal heat and I was good to go! Funny now, but not at the time!




LOL! A swimsuit....why didn't I think of that ! ? ! I hate to admit this, but, although I wasn't baking, I was airbrushing some fondant pieces....with just my bra on and a pair of capris! YIKES! I was desperate! icon_redface.gif

Unlimited Posted 14 Aug 2010 , 4:37am
post #10 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellbella

LOL! A swimsuit....why didn't I think of that ! ? ! I hate to admit this, but, although I wasn't baking, I was airbrushing some fondant pieces....with just my bra on and a pair of capris! YIKES! I was desperate! icon_redface.gif




That sounds like something I would do (or have done!??). Nowadays, my swimsuit and hair would have to be wet to keep me cooled off without a/c!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%