What Sizes Should I Use?

Baking By Jenniferkay Updated 13 Aug 2010 , 12:22am by Cindy619

Jenniferkay Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Jenniferkay Posted 12 Aug 2010 , 8:45pm
post #1 of 2

I have bride that would like a replication of Carrie Underwood's wedding cupcake tier. It's for 150 cupcakes, the 6" topper and then a dummy as the bottom. What size should my stand be? I have one that I can interchange the plates, I ask b/c I need to figure out the size of the dummy to price it. I was thinking either 14" or 16"...thoughts please!

Thanks!
Jenn

1 reply
Cindy619 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cindy619 Posted 13 Aug 2010 , 12:22am
post #2 of 2

Okay, I just spent the last 10 minutes staring at the pic of her cupcake tower. To me it looks like she starts with a 6" cake on top, then cupcake tiers of 10, 10, 14, 14, 18, 18, and finally a cake of 20". You might want to pull out some cardboard cake circles and see how many cupcakes would fit on each size (maybe cut out some circles to represent the cupcakes). Then you could adjust the sizes to accommodate for 150 cupcakes. I was trying to count the cupcakes on her tiers and I thought I counted almost 150, but then again I could be way off!

Also, you could try contacting Ivey (the original creator) through her website and ask her what sizes she used.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%