Ok Is It Possible????

Decorating By kimmiB Updated 12 Aug 2010 , 6:13pm by JaeRodriguez

kimmiB Posted 12 Aug 2010 , 5:14pm
post #1 of 4

i like making cheesecakes. to me they're great. but i was wondering if it were possible to decorate them like other cakes??? and if it were possible to paint scenery or a design on it with edible paint or something and it still taste good?

3 replies
PastrySwaggaPro Posted 12 Aug 2010 , 5:42pm
post #2 of 4

I dont see why not! You're margin of error wil be small though, since cheese cake tends to absorb things. I have tried painting the top before, but a solid color. I havent painted the sides, because of the crust.

JohnnyCakes1966 Posted 12 Aug 2010 , 6:05pm
post #3 of 4

When you say "decorate them like other cakes," do you mean cover them with buttercream and/or fondant?? Or do you mean add fondant/buttercream accents like flowers, borders, etc? I've never used fondant or buttercream on cheesecakes so can't say if it works or not, but I sometimes cover cheesecakes with ganache and it's awesome.

JaeRodriguez Posted 12 Aug 2010 , 6:13pm
post #4 of 4

OMW cheesecake with ganache over it, I just died! :] hehe

I do know that my friend who is a baker, she makes a redvelvet cake with two layers and the middle "filling" is a cheesecake no crust, and she ices it like a regular cake so you don't know until you cut in that there is a little slice of heaven in there! icon_razz.gif

Not sure if that helps you though...

Quote by @%username% on %date%