Rice Krispy Treat Question

Decorating By alman Updated 13 Aug 2010 , 7:03pm by 2kiddos

alman Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alman Posted 12 Aug 2010 , 4:34pm
post #1 of 5

I am planning on making a baseball out of RK treats and cover in MMF but have never used RK treats before. I don't need much so I thought I would buy the already-made-treats at the store rather than make them from scratch. Just don't know if the store-bought ones will hold together. Does anyone know the answer? Thanks for any suggestions.

4 replies
msthang1224 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msthang1224 Posted 13 Aug 2010 , 2:08am
post #2 of 5

The Pre-made ones are the only ones I use. I, myself don't seem to ever have enough time to make them so I buy them icon_smile.gif they work fine everytime. Just be surwe to smash, squish and smooth as much as possible. Also be sure to use a little bit of shortening on your hands so it doesn't stick to you will molding. You don't need much shortening, just a tad. In doing this you will have a solid piece to work with and it will be smooth under your fondat or gumpaste covering. I love them!! Good Luck

alman Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alman Posted 13 Aug 2010 , 6:16pm
post #3 of 5

Thank you so much for answering my question Ms.Thang! I didn't think anyone was going to respond.

mom2twogrlz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2twogrlz Posted 13 Aug 2010 , 6:46pm
post #4 of 5

Yes, I have used both homemade and store bought. I actually like the store bought better. (I think I compact mine too much) I made a baseball recently. I used store bought and formed the sphere by filling a small plastic ornament I found at Micheal's. (The ones come apart in two pieces then snap back together.) This enabled me to get it really smooth. Also, remember to form it smaller than the final size, allowing for your fondant layer. I didn't do that the first time and ended up having a softball instead. icon_smile.gif

2kiddos Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
2kiddos Posted 13 Aug 2010 , 7:03pm
post #5 of 5

I also use the store bought. I stock up on them when Walmart puts the big boxes on sale. I don't use them often, but it's great to have them on hand when needed.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%