Sugarshack Bc, Freezing And Adding More Flavors After Thawed

Decorating By JaeRodriguez Updated 12 Aug 2010 , 6:04pm by JaeRodriguez

JaeRodriguez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaeRodriguez Posted 12 Aug 2010 , 3:28pm
post #1 of 4

So I tried SSBC today for the first time and I have never had buttercream as smooth as this! :] I should say I had to change the recipe for a 4.5 qt and I made it a chocolate BC. My question is I think I need to add a bit more flavors, I know that you can take it out and rewhip it, but can I also add to the icing then?

I was thinking of adding a little more vanilla and some Hershey's special dark cocoa to get a deeper chocolate flavor and color. Any advice?

I'm a hi-ratio believer now! thumbs_up.gifthumbs_up.gif

usaribbon.gif

3 replies
deah Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deah Posted 12 Aug 2010 , 3:48pm
post #2 of 4

I use that recipe exclusively now! I love the way it tastes and that I can smooth it like nothing else.

I haven't done it but you should be able to add more flavors. The consistency may change a little though. BTW, try the caramel machiato creamer.

cakeythings1961 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeythings1961 Posted 12 Aug 2010 , 4:39pm
post #3 of 4

This is my BC of choice...very smooth and creamy. Her trick of adding coffee creamer has really improved the consistency of my BC. And IMO, her BC dvd is the best one she has made. My cakes look soooooooooo much nicer since I've been using her techniques.
Deah, I haven't tried any of the flavored creamers, yet, but the caramel machiato sounds wonderful!
Jae, are you sure you need more flavoring? What will you be putting it on? I used special dark cocoa once, and it was pretty strong. But if you really want to bump up the flavor, I don't see why it wouldn't work to add vanilla or cocoa "after the fact." People add powdered sugar and/or liquids all the time to their completed BC. Good luck, and let us know how it turns out!

JaeRodriguez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaeRodriguez Posted 12 Aug 2010 , 6:04pm
post #4 of 4

I'm putting it on a chocolate cake! I tasted it again and I can't stop snacking on it so maybe that means I don't need anymore flavoring! :]] Hehe

I love experimenting with different flavor creamers! :]] Mmmm I used sweet buttercream in this one mixed with french vanilla. YUM!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%