Cake And Filling Ideas For 3 Year Old's B-Day Party

Decorating By kathy090407 Updated 19 Aug 2010 , 11:46am by kathy090407

kathy090407 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kathy090407 Posted 12 Aug 2010 , 1:39am
post #1 of 7

hi, I'm looking for any and all ideas for cake flavors and fillings that would appeal to kids? My son is turning 3 and I would love some help choosing flavor combination's that the kids at the party will love. thanks.

6 replies
white_roses09 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
white_roses09 Posted 12 Aug 2010 , 2:20pm
post #2 of 7

I'm doing a chocolate and french vanilla marble cake with strawberry filling and fresh strawberries for my neice, who is also turning 3. Really, I think any flavor combination will be wonderful as long as your little one likes it.

Little kids love chocolate so maybe chocolate cake with chocolate ganache filling?

Good lucky!

yummy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
yummy Posted 12 Aug 2010 , 2:22pm
post #3 of 7

You can't go wrong with a funfetti cake; vanilla cake with colored sprinkles and vanilla bc filling and icing. You could also do a rainbow cake (vanilla cake or WASC (white almond sour cream) by seperating the batter into cups and color the batter with icing colors (in the colors to match the decorated cake or rainbow colors; ex. four colors, four cups, four plastic spoons to mix colors in batter).

Add one color in the pan (in the center,but not enough to fill the bottom) and add second color on top, the third etc. Everytime you add color on top of another, the top color will push the bottom color out to the sides. Keep repeating until you get the proper amount of batter needed (2/3 full).

CandyLady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CandyLady Posted 14 Aug 2010 , 7:44pm
post #4 of 7

chocolate cake with twinkie filling. Chocolate cake with pb filling. Does he like fruit...how about yellow with a strawberry. I agree with response above, rainbow cake is awesome and gets a lot of oohs and ahhs when you cut it...so easy to make. I just separate my batter by cupfuls into 4 or more bowls and add color of choice (red, yellow, blue and green...can do a purple, orange, depending on how many cake mixes and how big the cake will be)....you can even flavor the colors by adding lorann flavorings (easy does it) or kool-aid but disolve the kool-aid in your liquid first.

BeanCountingBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BeanCountingBaker Posted 14 Aug 2010 , 7:55pm
post #5 of 7

My daughter will be 3 next month. We're going with orange dreamsicle, cookies and cream, and chocolate with nutella buttercream filling. She's the only grandchild on one side, the 3rd grandchild after a 13 year gap on the other side, the only niece to several aunts and uncles, and our precious adopted baby after 7 years of infertility. We tend to go a bit overboard on birthdays. icon_biggrin.gif

She also loves strawberry cake but we did that for birthdays 1 and 2.

emiyeric Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
emiyeric Posted 14 Aug 2010 , 7:56pm
post #6 of 7

Could not agree more with the rainbow cake suggestion. Any old flavor will do ... straight yellow cake would be fine, in case anybody doesn't like chocolate, but if you color it, the kids go nuts about it. Take a look at the Toy Story one I just did in my pics. There's a picture of it sliced if you click on the picture, and you can see what we're talking about. Very easy, though it takes a little extra time. HTH!

kathy090407 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kathy090407 Posted 19 Aug 2010 , 11:46am
post #7 of 7

all your ideas are great! I've decided to go with a rainbow cake with cheesecake filling. I think the kids will love it. My 2nd tier is going to be chocolate with cookies n cream filling. I am new to making cakes, but i am trying my hand at fondant figures for this one. He wants a farm cake with animals and tractor, wish me luck

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%