Cookie Favors

Baking By iris219 Updated 12 Aug 2010 , 4:22pm by iris219

iris219 Posted 12 Aug 2010 , 12:34am
post #1 of 3

I am planning to make cookies as favors for my daughters birthday for labor day weekend.

I wanted to start to bake them and completely decorate them this weekend using the NFSC recipe. And once completely decorated, vacuum seal them each in their own cello bags or something else. (I have a vacuum sealer that I got for Christmas and have yet to open the box and don't know if I can find the bags small enough to use with the machine)

I was planning on leaving them out until labor day weekend. But my hubby thinks it's not a good idea to leave them out especially in this heat. But I figured if they are going to be vacuumed (sealed shut) in their bags they are just as safe to leave out as the oreo or chocolate chip cookies we buy from the supermarkets.

Does anyone know if it's safe to leave them out until Labor day weekend?

Appreciate any help on this as I wanted to get a head start of these cookies since I still have to make the cake and cook for the weekend of the party. Not to mention somebody has now asked me to make a cake for them the day after my daughter's party. icon_surprised.gif

2 replies
cr8zchpr Posted 12 Aug 2010 , 12:53am
post #2 of 3

I made cookie bouquets for valentines day one year. I had several people who ordered the bouquets and paid but didn't pick them up. After like three weeks I told my son to throw them out, he opened one and bit it, he was like mom these are still good. I didn't believe him of course, so I bit it, and sure enough they were totally fine, not stale or soggy or anything. I wrapped them in the cellophane bags they sell for candy that's it and they were fine so if you vacuum seal them they should be great. As far as the heat I would at least put them in a nice dark area so the colors don't fade. HTH

iris219 Posted 12 Aug 2010 , 4:22pm
post #3 of 3

oh that's good to hear. Thank you. Yes was thinking of putting them in a dark place.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%