Raspberry Mouse Receipe

Baking By lisag1123 Updated 11 Aug 2010 , 10:49pm by Debcent

lisag1123 Posted 11 Aug 2010 , 10:35pm
post #1 of 4

Does anyone know of a raspberry mouse receipe that wont make the cake soggy? The cake is due in a month so I have time to try some but I thought I would ask. Thanks

3 replies
cdgleason Posted 11 Aug 2010 , 10:42pm
post #2 of 4

I make raspberry mousse all of the time... it's my favorite filling EVER!!
I buy something called "icing fruits"... it comes in many different fruit flavors.....
I use something to stablize the whipped cream called "whip it" it's in the grocery store near the baking supplies, in a small envelope like a packet of jello...
sometime I use the whipped egg whites to make it light and fluffy, like a mousse should be, but if I am serving to older people or childen, I just use heavy cream.
I use about 2 cups of whipped heavy cream with an envelope of whippit... then I fold in @ 1/3 cup of raspberry icing fruits.. you can order it online at almost any cake suppy store/websight... I get mine from country kitchen sweet art..
This never leaves the cake soggy... but then again, it's never around long enough for the cream to start weeping!!
If you can't get the icing fruits, you can subsitute with any raspberry filling or even raspberry jam.

sappy42 Posted 11 Aug 2010 , 10:45pm
post #3 of 4

I'm a newbie as well and while I could definitely be wrong, but I've read that if you put a thin layer of buttercream on the cake before the mousse, it creates a barrier and your cake won't get soggy.

Debcent Posted 11 Aug 2010 , 10:49pm
post #4 of 4

This is a recipe I found online that im going to try next week as a filling in a Pink Champagne cake I found on CC. For a Bridal shower. I never tried it yet so I dont know how its going to work out. Easy Raspberry mousse.

Quote by @%username% on %date%