Need Help With Edible Printer

Decorating By iris219 Updated 18 Aug 2010 , 4:43pm by iris219

iris219 Posted 11 Aug 2010 , 10:14pm
post #1 of 7

I was just getting ready to order a Canon Ip3600 printer from Amazon. I did a search for edible printer and this item came up. Now in looking more closely at the site I noticed in my "cart" it does not say the word "edible" next the the printer name. Does this mean this printer is not suitable for edible prints?

Really would like your input on this before I click on the "place your order" button.

I want to make sure I print edible on this printer.

6 replies
Kiddiekakes Posted 11 Aug 2010 , 10:32pm
post #2 of 7

Edible Image printers are essentially regular brand new printers that are solely used for edible ink printing..You won't find any printer that says edible next to it...I have th IP 3600 and I love it..Make sure you research where you plan to buy your inks from as they vary in price and quality..I personally would buy from Icing Images and Debbie is a member here on CC.She is the owner...Her inks rock!!!

iris219 Posted 12 Aug 2010 , 4:20pm
post #3 of 7

ok, thanks

Loucinda Posted 12 Aug 2010 , 8:06pm
post #4 of 7

If you post down in the "icingimages" section, she will help you out there with about any problems you may encounter with edible images....she is a huge help to folks on here!

JenniferMI Posted 13 Aug 2010 , 1:25am
post #5 of 7

Just make sure it's new and never been used. Otherwise, the print head would be contaminated with real ink.

Jennifer icon_smile.gif
PS - I have the 4600 and love it.

icingimages Posted 18 Aug 2010 , 1:31pm
post #6 of 7

Press the button and order it! I love that printer! We are all here to help if you have questions.

iris219 Posted 18 Aug 2010 , 4:43pm
post #7 of 7

GREAT! I did order the printer and just got it yesterday. At first thought it was used but when I opened the box it was brand spanking new. Now I need to order the edible ink so I can set it all up and print. Thanks

Quote by @%username% on %date%