Did I Do Something Wrong?

Decorating By bakin4u_N_lovinit Updated 12 Aug 2010 , 2:10am by bakin4u_N_lovinit

bakin4u_N_lovinit Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakin4u_N_lovinit Posted 11 Aug 2010 , 9:37pm
post #1 of 17

I dont seem to be getting any comments on the pictures of my cakes....i dont know if there is someplace that i have to click so people can leave comments icon_cry.gif or what

16 replies
debbief Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debbief Posted 11 Aug 2010 , 9:44pm
post #2 of 17

I just left you a comment on your princess Castle cake icon_smile.gif

JGMB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JGMB Posted 11 Aug 2010 , 10:34pm
post #3 of 17

I just left you one, too! This is my first day back on CC after a few weeks hiatus. I usually do leave comments when I'm on. Also, if it makes you feel any better, no one's left me any comments in a long time, either!

CakesIMake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesIMake Posted 11 Aug 2010 , 10:46pm
post #4 of 17

I never get any either if it makes you feel better.. There are so many pictures on here tho that I really don't expect any unless someone LOVED it... =D

Don't take it to heart, it's just that people are busy

deMuralist Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
deMuralist Posted 11 Aug 2010 , 10:48pm
post #5 of 17

there is a thread for undernoticed cakes.

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopicp-6905337-.html#6905337

I think that sometimes so many people post photos at the same time that the cakes don't stay visible long enough to get comments, so they have this thread so you can get some from there.

Karen_uk1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karen_uk1 Posted 11 Aug 2010 , 10:57pm
post #6 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by midget_girl1978

I dont seem to be getting any comments on the pictures of my cakes....i dont know if there is someplace that i have to click so people can leave comments icon_cry.gif or what

Me too, I was beginning to think it was because I was English, but I do realise people can't comment on all cakes and yes unless someone loves the cake it will no doubt just be viewed.

dreamacres Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dreamacres Posted 11 Aug 2010 , 11:02pm
post #7 of 17

Is there a way to toggle between recently posted pictures? Seems that once I click on them so I can really seem them I have to go back. If I click next it takes me to next in that catagory? Does that make sense?

JGMB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JGMB Posted 11 Aug 2010 , 11:07pm
post #8 of 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamacres

Is there a way to toggle between recently posted pictures? Seems that once I click on them so I can really seem them I have to go back. If I click next it takes me to next in that catagory? Does that make sense?

I've been wondering that for a long time, too. Honestly, that's why I've kind of quit looking at the cake photos. Before they changed the website a year or so ago, there used to be a little tab that said "back to thumbnails." Now that the site's been "improved", it's not there anymore.

CTamiLynn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CTamiLynn Posted 11 Aug 2010 , 11:08pm
post #9 of 17
Quote:

Right click on the thumbnail and then choose Open Link in a New Window or Open Link in a New Tab.

tmac670 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tmac670 Posted 11 Aug 2010 , 11:08pm
post #10 of 17

Don't feel bad-- the most comments left on my album was a cake my daughter made!

mrscunningham Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrscunningham Posted 11 Aug 2010 , 11:15pm
post #11 of 17

Dreamacres,

I usually right click and open the picture in a new tab..

ksu2009 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ksu2009 Posted 11 Aug 2010 , 11:42pm
post #12 of 17

I left you some comments too.

au_decorator_76 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
au_decorator_76 Posted 11 Aug 2010 , 11:47pm
post #13 of 17

Yeah mine never get any either. icon_smile.gif I have tried not to take it personally but sometimes it's hard.

chelseak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chelseak Posted 11 Aug 2010 , 11:49pm
post #14 of 17
Quote:

Click on galleries, underneath that it says 'CakeCentral.com Photo Gallery', and right under that it says Last uploads. Click on that and it will bring you to a different page of all the latest uploads. Hope that helps!

glow0369 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
glow0369 Posted 11 Aug 2010 , 11:56pm
post #15 of 17

Please don't take that nobody left comments personnally...Like Cakes I Make said, people tend to be really busy, and it tales time to comment. My most favorite cake didn't get comments, but, it was my favorite and thats what matters. Others just didn't get it icon_lol.gif If I have a lot of time, I comment all the time and usually it is not for the most perfect cakes... icon_smile.gif

dreamacres Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dreamacres Posted 12 Aug 2010 , 1:00am
post #16 of 17

thanks for the hints!! So happy to be able to toggle thru the pictures. Oh happy dance!

bakin4u_N_lovinit Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakin4u_N_lovinit Posted 12 Aug 2010 , 2:10am
post #17 of 17

i figured out what i did wrong.... in my profile i had to click yes that people can leave comments on my pictures ...... oops my bad icon_redface.gifdunce.gif but thank you for all your wonderful comments I absolutly love baking

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%