Pretty Cupcake Liners

Baking By Cakelayer Updated 10 Sep 2010 , 5:35pm by Dustbunny729

Cakelayer Posted 11 Aug 2010 , 7:54pm
post #1 of 7

I often use pretty cupcake liners for my cupcakes but after they're baked they lose their color and the design is muted. Is there a way to keep this from happening? I seen the wrappers that are used over the outside of the liners but I'd like to use the liners only.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Diana

6 replies
PoodleDoodle Posted 11 Aug 2010 , 9:12pm
post #2 of 7

I've experienced the same problem. I've even double lined & still have the same results. I've seen other pictures where they use a white liner then sit the cupcake in the pretty liner. I'm not crazy about that look but it's the best I've seen. I'll be interested in what others have tried.

auntginn Posted 11 Aug 2010 , 9:30pm
post #3 of 7

I bake with white or recycled liners. After they are cooled I add the pretty liner or a second liner. I add a little drop of corn syrup to make it stick. Make sure the pleats line up.

HTH

cakeythings1961 Posted 11 Aug 2010 , 9:45pm
post #4 of 7

I use grease proof liners. I haven't seen them in patterns, but I've used several bright colors...they maintain their true colors after baking! I especially like using the "ruby red" color when I bake red velvet cupcakes.

kello Posted 11 Aug 2010 , 9:46pm
post #5 of 7

Reynolds has come out with some really pretty ones. They are foil with the design on the outside and they work awesome!!!

drakegore Posted 11 Aug 2010 , 10:25pm
post #6 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by kello

Reynolds has come out with some really pretty ones. They are foil with the design on the outside and they work awesome!!!

i just "test drove" those yesterday and they were fabulous...and they were easy to get off the cupcakes (which is the thing that has kept me from foil before).

Dustbunny729 Posted 10 Sep 2010 , 5:35pm
post #7 of 7

Bakeitpretty.com has gorgeous cupcake liners.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%