Which Cake Pan Do You Recommend?

Decorating By KayMc Updated 12 Aug 2010 , 1:26am by KayMc

KayMc Posted 11 Aug 2010 , 2:45pm
post #1 of 4

I think I want to keep a circular (ball shaped) pan on hand for various things: sports balls, possibly a tea pot, etc. Which pan do you recommend for being the most versatile for this?

3 replies
hoopb2 Posted 11 Aug 2010 , 3:02pm
post #2 of 4

I use the wilton SPorts Ball pan... Also they have a smaller version I think it is the mini ball pan. I also keep a couple as I use it for allot of different things.

MELI_CAKES Posted 11 Aug 2010 , 3:46pm
post #3 of 4

The Wilton SPorts Ball Pan is excellent for stuff like that. I have used it to make a tea pot, the Earth, a soccer ball, a tea cup and the mid section of a snowman.
With the mini ball pan I've made a tennis ball, a baseball, an apple, and the head of the previously mentioned snow man.

You can also just use half the pan and still make great things, I've made an easter basket an umbrella and a dish ( See my sushi cake in my gallery).

Also not sure where you are located but at the Bakery supply store near me they had ball pans larger than the Sports Ball Pan and with those I was able to make a Basket Ball and the bottom of the already famous snowman LOL

So yes, invest it's worth it !

KayMc Posted 12 Aug 2010 , 1:26am
post #4 of 4

Thanks! Now I know what to get.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%