3D Barn Cake

Decorating By jo5007 Updated 15 May 2014 , 11:52pm by mattyeatscakes

jo5007 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jo5007 Posted 11 Aug 2010 , 10:48am
post #1 of 8

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone is willing to share any instructions and templates on how to build a 3D barn? I particularly admired the one by molly2, who said sugarshack helped her out. I have to do this within the next couple of weeks.

Also, looking for some tutorials on how to make gumpaste barn animals? Have seen the link for hundreds of free tutes but can't see any for barn animals.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

7 replies
Joybeth Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Joybeth Posted 11 Aug 2010 , 10:57am
post #2 of 8

If you go to galleries and search for sugarshack then you will see her pics of making a barn, step-by-step. Good luck!

Molly2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Molly2 Posted 11 Aug 2010 , 11:43am
post #3 of 8

Hi Jo5007

I made my barn out of pound cake using a 6x6 square cake pan I tried to use rice krispies but the cake was easier to carve PM me with your email and I'll send you the barn pattern your barn pieces need to be made in advance so they may dry. Your pieces are put together like a gingerbread house using royal icing its was built around your cake. As for the animals I just used my imagination and put them together along with tractor.

Molly icon_smile.gif

jo5007 Posted 12 Aug 2010 , 8:36am
post #4 of 8

hi molly2,

Thank you so much!! I really do appreciate it as yours looked so life like. I will message you now. I am new to cake central, so let me know if you don't receive it within 24 hours of reading this, as it means I haven't done it right...

thanks thumbs_up.gif

jo

jo5007 Posted 12 Aug 2010 , 8:37am
post #5 of 8

Thanks Joybeth, I will do that

thumbs_up.gif

jo

jaclynf10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jaclynf10 Posted 15 May 2014 , 5:18pm
post #6 of 8

Molly2,

This post is pretty old, but do you still have info on making a barn cake.  My little guy is turning one and we're doing a farm theme and I'd love to make him a barn to smash.  Thanks!

dkltll Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dkltll Posted 15 May 2014 , 7:50pm
post #7 of 8

Maureen Carlson (I found her books on Amazon real cheap) has some great books on people, animals, etc. She works with clay but other than not baking the figures the molding & sculpting techniques are the same. I don't remember what CC member turned me on to her but I owe them! She shows step by step & has lots of pictures. I find that I use my books over & over!

Here is a link, there are a couple of books that might help. 

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=sr_pg_1?rh=n%3A283155%2Cp_27%3AMaureen+Carlson&ie=UTF8&qid=1400183689

mattyeatscakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mattyeatscakes Posted 15 May 2014 , 11:52pm
post #8 of 8

AI've seen a 3D barn cake using the giant cupcake cake pan. I think the instructions is on the Wilton site.

[IMG]http://cakecentral.com/content/type/61/id/3236542/width/200/height/400[/IMG]

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%