Strawberry/banana Cake

Baking By SISA Updated 11 Aug 2010 , 12:34pm by drakegore

SISA Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SISA Posted 11 Aug 2010 , 4:09am
post #1 of 3

I have had a request for a strawberry banana cake. These are not normally recipes that I make. This will be for a purse cake so the cake will have to be dense enough to carve. Does anyone have any recipe suggestions for me. I have looked on the recipes on here and I think I may have found a few but, I am just not sure. Any suggestions or input would really be appreciated. Thanks!

2 replies
DiviniDee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DiviniDee Posted 11 Aug 2010 , 4:14am
post #2 of 3

I suggest that you use a well liked and many times tested basic white or yellow cake recipe. Leave out some of the liquid in your regular recipe and puree bananas and strawberries. Or bananas and strawberry daquari mix works awesome. Add that to what you already do with maybe a little rum or brandy flavoring and it will be familiar and knock the flavors out of the park.
Good Luck!

drakegore Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
drakegore Posted 11 Aug 2010 , 12:34pm
post #3 of 3

roland winbeckler has a french vanilla cake recipe posted on tlc's ultimate cake-off that is fantastic. it uses one package vanillla pudding. i am planning on taking that vanilla pudding and replacing it with banana and swirling strawberry filling into the batter. i have not done it yet, but i thought i would share the idea with you in case it sounded good to you too.

if you want a "real" banana cake, the confetti cake's book has the best banana cake recipe in it. but a real banana cake is going to look very different from one that is flavored with pudding, so it just depends on what you are looking for. you could make the confetti cake and fill with strawberries.

diane

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%