Help!! Cookie Order For Sat????

Baking By lillykaci1 Updated 12 Aug 2010 , 5:06am by lillykaci1

lillykaci1 Posted 11 Aug 2010 , 3:48am
post #1 of 5

1) how much do yall charge per cookie/per dozen for cutout sugar cookies w/ Royal Icing?
2) do you put the cookie in cookie bags all the time or just when asked?
if so...boxed when done
3) besides the cookie bags what do you wrap your cookies in?

I've done the heart cookies for the same lady and just put them on trays, but this time she wants a lot more. I just don't want to send her with like 10 trays. Please help!!! Thanks so much

4 replies
DiviniDee Posted 11 Aug 2010 , 4:06am
post #2 of 5

I have the celephane bags and then tie them with curling ribbon $2.00 per cookie. No Discount for large quanitities. $1.50 if I put them in a box. T-shirt boxes from the $1.00 store. But I always coat the inside with wax paper and put the cookies two deep with wax paper between them. It has worked out great for me. Some people really don't want to wrap them and think it is well worth the extra $.50 and others say they would rather do it themselves. Better yet some bring me the ribbon for the bags and save me a little on materials still paying the extra $.50.
Hope this helps.

makeminepink Posted 11 Aug 2010 , 4:17am
post #3 of 5

Pizza boxes.

katystinykitchen Posted 11 Aug 2010 , 4:30am
post #4 of 5

I use a pink cupcake box that holds 12 cupcakes and put large cookie orders in there. It works great and looks awesome!

lillykaci1 Posted 12 Aug 2010 , 5:06am
post #5 of 5

Thanks so much for the help. So $1.50 a cookie is too low? Right now that's what I'm charging. I don't think I can charge more than that because the local cake shop charges $1.75 per cookie. I don't want to be higher than them, but don't want to not make my money. Thanks again for the help.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%