Streaky Pearl Dust?

Decorating By durell87 Updated 11 Aug 2010 , 6:18pm by anoldhippy

durell87 Posted 11 Aug 2010 , 2:57am
post #1 of 6

Help! When I try to brush pearl dust on it comes out all streaky and uneven some . When I try it dry it comes out darker in some spots and when I try to paint it mixed with vodka it comes out all streaky! Any advice or helpful hints would be great thanks!

5 replies
DiviniDee Posted 11 Aug 2010 , 4:20am
post #2 of 6

If you use a large blush or powder type brush on the cake it will be perfect. The only reason it wouldn't be is if you have water, vodka, gel already on the surface in streaks. If it is fondant, just rub on some crisco first to even out the streaks already existing then sprinkle it with pixie dust instead. If you are combining vodka with the pearl dust and then applying it try a wider brush of better quality. Hope my experience helps!

bchumley Posted 11 Aug 2010 , 5:48am
post #3 of 6

you also might try changing your dust:vodka ratio...some colors (and brands, in my experience) behave better when i add a little more powder to the 'paint'

durell87 Posted 11 Aug 2010 , 4:35pm
post #4 of 6

Thanks ill definitely give those a try

anoldhippy Posted 11 Aug 2010 , 6:07pm
post #5 of 6

Sorry to chime in this thread but I am trying to just do the centers of my cherry blossoms and I can't get it to show up with the dry at all. With the vodka, it is watermess, no matter how little I use. Thanks, your all so helpful

anoldhippy Posted 11 Aug 2010 , 6:18pm
post #6 of 6

Sorry to chime in this thread but I am trying to just do the centers of my cherry blossoms and I can't get it to show up with the dry at all. With the vodka, it is watermess, no matter how little I use. Thanks, your all so helpful

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%