Cake Design Suggestions

Decorating By oceanslayer Updated 11 Aug 2010 , 4:27am by DiviniDee

oceanslayer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
oceanslayer Posted 11 Aug 2010 , 2:29am
post #1 of 2

I am at a loss and am hoping that some of you may be able to help me come up with a clever idea. I am making a cake for my husband's boss's birthday and can make whatever I want. He is really, really into skateboarding (he used to own a skateboard company) and has recently gotten involved in golf. Any ideas on how to incorporate the 2 hobbies in one cake?

My original plan was to build a skate park and make a gumpaste figurine of him. Now his wife has suggested golfing as well and my next thought was a 3 tiered golf-inspired cake with a figurine of him holding a skateboard on top. I don't know...

1 reply
DiviniDee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DiviniDee Posted 11 Aug 2010 , 4:27am
post #2 of 2

Just made a golf/poker cake this weekend. It was three small tiers. seperated with 7" pillars. Each pillar looked like a golf ball was holding it up. The bottom tier was an argyle pattern black red and yellow. The 2nd tier was covered in suits (diamonds, clubs, etc...) The top tier was topped with a golf green with bags a flag and golf club/ball. The sides had tees on it. It was a lot of fun.
What if you made a skateboard cake with the golf balls in the center of the wheels under the cake and made a cute golf scene on top of the skateboard with an argyle pattern on the sides of the skateboard. It would be different.
Good Luck!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%