Billard Birthday Cake

Decorating By white_roses09 Updated 16 Aug 2010 , 5:39pm by katwo

white_roses09 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
white_roses09 Posted 10 Aug 2010 , 10:51pm
post #1 of 2

I'm not lacking ideas, but I thought someone else might be and wanted to share with everyone what I am doing for my boyfriend's birthday cake this year.

He is really big on pool (billard) and I want to do a to scale replica pool table. The balls are even going to be numbered and colored to match regulation. With cute little pool cue, racking triangle and balls, I'm sure him and any other pool player will love it.

I'll be doing a 2 inch to 1 foot scale so it works out to be 12"x7"x5" I'll have to do some cutting and adding of a 9x13x2 pan. Figured I would make to cakes and cut them to 12x7 and add an inch of filling (probably fruit type filling, so it wasn't super crazy sweet. Like thick cut strawberries and a french vanilla & strawberry filling.

1 reply
katwo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katwo Posted 16 Aug 2010 , 5:39pm
post #2 of 2

Hi I made a pool table cake for our year end league party it was 2 feet long by 1 1/2 feet across I used the large tin foil pans for the bottom it was 2 layers, I also made a sheet cake for the side rails, I used chocolate MMF for the sides and green mmf for the felt, the pool balls were all made of candy chocolate meted in a candy form then shape. I put white in alittle bit first then the color of the stipes. made the rack and cues and calk to go with it. when I took it to the party it was put on display and nobody was told it was a cake, one person started to pick up the cues and the balls to try and use them they thought it was real. my husband made the table to put it on. Hope it helps as well.sorry tried to attach picture but I couldnt .

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%