Receipe For Buttercream

Decorating By Tclanton Updated 13 Aug 2010 , 6:37pm by alman

Tclanton Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tclanton Posted 10 Aug 2010 , 7:01pm
post #1 of 4

I hope I am not putting this on the wrong forum - apologies in advance if I am.

I have looked in the recipe section, but dont really see anything that really makes sense, unless I am looking in the wrong place.

I have a customer that states "i love chocolate cake with mint icing". She describes this as a similar taste to Andes Mints.

Does anyone have a recipe for this?

Thanks in advance.

Teresa

3 replies
Kimmers971 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kimmers971 Posted 10 Aug 2010 , 7:03pm
post #2 of 4

You can do a chocolate buttercream and add mint flavoring or melted Andes candies to get the flavor.

Tclanton Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tclanton Posted 10 Aug 2010 , 7:32pm
post #3 of 4

Flavoring about 1/2 teasp - what about the candies?

alman Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alman Posted 13 Aug 2010 , 6:37pm
post #4 of 4

Here is a recipe that contains Creme De Methe frosting with melted chocolate chips poured on top. You'll have to buy the liquor at the store (unless you live in Texas, like me, and have to buy it at a liquor store. It also comes in clear or green.) I got this from a recipe of mine named Creme De Menthe Brownies. It is really, really to-die-for and so delish. I also attached the link if you want to view the entire recipe. Hope this helps.

Mint Filling
1/2 cup butter (soft)
2 cups powdered sugar
2 tbsp. green creme de menthe liquor

Mix with electric mixer. Spread over COOL brownies or cake.

Chocolate Glaze
1 6 oz. package chocolate chips
6 tablespoons butter

Melt together over low heat (or in microwave) and let cool slightly and spread over mint filling completely. Chill in fridge for a few hours.

Read More http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/member/views/CREME-DE-MENTHE-BROWNIES-1213060#ixzz0wVoRssV3

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%