Decorating By lindsey224 Updated 12 Aug 2010 , 12:24am by servingzero

lindsey224 Posted 10 Aug 2010 , 4:13pm
post #1 of 6

Im trying to make a cake for my neice for her sweet sixteen in a couple of weeks, but can't figure out the best way to make the cake look like denim. Her theme is denim and diamonds and she wants one teir of the cake to look like denim. Any suggestions.....

5 replies
karateka Posted 11 Aug 2010 , 7:04am
post #2 of 6

I would search the galleries for a denim cake and when you find one you like, pm that decorator to ask if they would be willing to share. 'cuz I don't know how to do it. icon_smile.gif

LisaPeps Posted 11 Aug 2010 , 8:02am
post #3 of 6

I quite like this one and this one

I'm guessing you would just stipple different shades of blue food colour mixed with clear alcohol or similar onto fondant using foam or sponge.

pixiefuncakes Posted 11 Aug 2010 , 8:17am
post #4 of 6

You could probably do any shade of blue (denim has many variations) and use white or yellow stitching to highlight - maybe a zip or some buttons? Or a pocket with bling on it?

kitty122000 Posted 11 Aug 2010 , 5:13pm
post #5 of 6

I've never done denim but if I were to try I'd use white fondant and paint it with a gel color/vodka mixture, leaving white streaks showing through

servingzero Posted 12 Aug 2010 , 12:24am
post #6 of 6

This was done on cookies on the decorated cookie blog, but I would imagine you could do the cake just like it icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%