Question About Rice Krispy

Decorating By Yane Updated 17 Aug 2010 , 2:24pm by Yane

Yane Posted 10 Aug 2010 , 3:08pm
post #1 of 4

Hi Everyone,

Do you guys make the rice krispy or buy it? If you buy it can you tell me where do you get it from?

Thanks in advance!

Yane

3 replies
mamawrobin Posted 10 Aug 2010 , 3:18pm
post #2 of 4

I make mine but adjust the recipe to make them better for molding. I make double batches at a time and adjust the amount of marshmallows and butter to make them less sticky and easier to sculpt into shapes.
I measure out 12 cups of cereal into a large bowl and grab handfuls at a time and crush them in my hand until I've crushed them down where they're less puffy. I count out 72 large marshmallows and melt them with 4 tablespoons real butter. By reducing the mm and the butter and crushing the cereal they are much denser and smoother and mold much better. IMO

cownsj Posted 10 Aug 2010 , 3:19pm
post #3 of 4

A friend of ours is a commercial chef and he gets it in premade. He had offered to get it for us when we wanted any, but even his price is just too expensive. We get the RK at a wholesale club cheap and make it ourselves. Wayyyyyy cheaper, and it only takes a minute or two to make it. Melt marshmallow in micro (with butter if desired and/or vanilla), and add the rice krispies. Mix and you're done. It's cheaper, and easier, and I can adjust how much marshmallow to put in.

Yane Posted 17 Aug 2010 , 2:24pm
post #4 of 4

Thanks a lot for the responses I really appreciate it icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%