Perfect Chocolate Cake Needed!

Baking By superfly Updated 10 Aug 2010 , 6:18pm by JaeRodriguez

superfly Posted 10 Aug 2010 , 2:54pm
post #1 of 8

Hi everyone, I'm on the search for the most perfect chocolate cake ever! Does anyone have a flavorful, moist, light and fluffy chocolate cake recipe that has that WOW factor? I've tried the WASC cake that is so popular on this forum but I find the texture a bit dense for what I'm looking for. Can't wait to hear what you guys have to sayicon_smile.gif

7 replies
mamawrobin Posted 10 Aug 2010 , 3:04pm
post #2 of 8

The cake on the Hershey's cocoa can is good. I also have my favorite chocolate cake recipe:
1 box DH dark chocolate fudge cake mix
1 cup flour
1 cup sugar
1 cup sour cream
3/4 cup strong coffee (cold)
1/4 cup Hershey's chocolate syrup
4 eggs
1 tablespoon vanilla
Sift dry ingredients together.. put sour cream, eggs, coffee, chocolate syrup and vanilla in mixing bowl; add half the dry ingredients and mix until blended then add remaining dry ingredients and mix for 2 minutes. Bake at 325 until done. This makes enough batter for 4 six inch pans, 2 eight inch pans or 1 twelve inch pan. You can also use 1/2 cup of coffee and 1/2 chocolate syrup rather than the 3/4 c. and 1/4 c. ratio.

superfly Posted 10 Aug 2010 , 3:43pm
post #3 of 8

Does the coffee enhance the chocolate flavor? Can you taste the coffee?

superfly Posted 10 Aug 2010 , 3:47pm
post #4 of 8

What is the name of the cake on the hershey can I can check the website see if I can find it.

mamawrobin Posted 10 Aug 2010 , 3:47pm
post #5 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by superfly

Does the coffee enhance the chocolate flavor? Can you taste the coffee?

Yes. The coffee enhances the chocolate flavor and NO you cannot taste the coffee. Not at all. thumbs_up.gif

deMuralist Posted 10 Aug 2010 , 3:51pm
post #6 of 8

http://cakecentral.com/recipes/7487/hersheys-chocolate-collectors-cocoa-cake

sorry, should have said this is the link to the Hershey recipe that is posted on Cake Central. I don't think Hershey's lists it on their site anymore.

BeanCountingBaker Posted 10 Aug 2010 , 3:55pm
post #7 of 8

I do basically the same recipe as mamawrobin. My tweaks are that I use 1-1/3 C cold coffee and 1/2 T vanilla with 1 tsp of Lorann's Flavor Fountain chocolate fudge flavoring.

JaeRodriguez Posted 10 Aug 2010 , 6:18pm
post #8 of 8

I use the double chocolate layer cake from epicurious.com

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%