Hair Nets...

Decorating By glow0369 Updated 10 Aug 2010 , 1:25pm by DianeLM

glow0369 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
glow0369 Posted 10 Aug 2010 , 2:37am
post #1 of 8

Am I the only one who wears hair nets when they are cooking? After watching all the cakes shows etc. that these cakes really do go to customers....Inobody has on hair net. 'm just curious if other ccer's pull their hair back icon_lol.gif and wear a net when they are baking... icon_smile.gif

7 replies
Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 10 Aug 2010 , 2:47am
post #2 of 8

baseball cap works for me.

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 10 Aug 2010 , 3:03am
post #3 of 8

I have really long hair that I wear in a ponytail and I also wear those biker 'head wraps'. I have zebra print, leopard print, pink bandana style...etc. I HATE hair nets. Just because you're in the kitchen doesn't mean you can't be fashionable...LOL... I also keep a lint roller near by to remove any loose hairs or lint that may otherwise end up in/on my cakes.

kimbordeaux Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kimbordeaux Posted 10 Aug 2010 , 3:05am
post #4 of 8

I have long hair. Profile picture is from last year, my hair is at least 6ins longer and my red hair phase is over, back to brown, lol). When doing cakes I have my hair pinned up with one of those large hair clips. Love those. When you are done working you take the clip out and run your hands through your hair you have some nice curls. You can go from office (ha, ha, bakery) to date just like that! Always have my hair up. That would be embarassing if a customer found a hair in their cake. I think they don't pull the hair up on these shows because it is all show, they gotta look their best for the camera.

JaimeAnn Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaimeAnn Posted 10 Aug 2010 , 5:09am
post #5 of 8

I have very long hair also, I pull mine into a high looped ponytail (kinda like a bun) then fold a large bandana triangular and wrap my head.

I can't stand to find a hair in my food,and would hate to have a customer find one of mine in thiers.

fairmaiden0101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
fairmaiden0101 Posted 10 Aug 2010 , 5:18am
post #6 of 8

I actually wear a shower cap! LOL I look ridiculous but my hair is really long and tends to come out easily ...having someone find a hair in my cake is my worst nightmare, so I am extra careful.

cutthecake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cutthecake Posted 10 Aug 2010 , 6:14am
post #7 of 8

Where's Gladys Ormphby when you need her?

DianeLM Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DianeLM Posted 10 Aug 2010 , 1:25pm
post #8 of 8
Quote:
Quote:

When doing cakes I have my hair pinned up with one of those large hair clips. Love those. When you are done working you take the clip out and run your hands through your hair you have some nice curls. You can go from office (ha, ha, bakery) to date just like that!

OMG! I just discovered this hidden jewel a couple of months ago! Hated how the ponytail holder or scrunchie flattened the hair on my head and left a crease when removed. Switched to the clip and will never go back. In fact, it's part of my hair styling routine even if I'm not working in the kitchen.

My biggest problem isn't the hair that's on my head, it's what came out and stuck to my clothes while brushing or styling. I always go over myself, head to toe, with the lint roller before heading to the kitchen.

It's not the absence of hair nets that grosses me out on these TV shows. It's that the hair isn't even pulled back. Just hanging all over the place. How is that even comfortable?

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%