Can Mary Kay Frosting Be Left Out?

Decorating By stacey71 Updated 10 Aug 2010 , 3:39am by mamawrobin

stacey71 Posted 10 Aug 2010 , 2:04am
post #1 of 6

Can someone please tell me, can Mary Kay frosting be left out at room temp for a day? I used it to frost a red velvet cake and would rather not put the cake in the fridge if I dont have to.

Thanks!!!

5 replies
kansaslaura Posted 10 Aug 2010 , 2:14am
post #2 of 6

What is Mary Kay frosting?

CookieMeister Posted 10 Aug 2010 , 2:18am
post #3 of 6

I've never heard of a Mary Kay frosting before, but I'm assuming since it's for a red velvet cake, it's a cream cheese frosting? If so, depends on the recipe. Sugar preserves the frosting for a while, but it would depend on the ratio of cream cheese to sugar. I'd err on the safe side of refrigerating it.

leily Posted 10 Aug 2010 , 2:28am
post #4 of 6

Yes it can be. My family only uses this recipe and we've never refridgerated the cake.

For those who wonder what it is. here is a link to the recipe on CC.
http://cakecentral.com/recipes/7376/mary-kay-icing

Loucinda Posted 10 Aug 2010 , 2:36am
post #5 of 6

I just always knew that icing to be the "cooked red cake frosting" - never knew it had a name! icon_lol.gif

mamawrobin Posted 10 Aug 2010 , 3:39am
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loucinda

I just always knew that icing to be the "cooked red cake frosting" - never knew it had a name! icon_lol.gif

We've never called it "Mary Kay Icing" icon_lol.gif My grandmother use to make that cake 45 years ago and we just called it "red velvet cake icing" I so prefer it over cream cheese icing on Red Velvet cake. I think it compliments the red velvet cake perfectly.

I agree, no refrigeration required. thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%