Can Mary Kay Frosting Be Left Out?

Decorating By stacey71 Updated 10 Aug 2010 , 3:39am by mamawrobin

stacey71 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stacey71 Posted 10 Aug 2010 , 2:04am
post #1 of 6

Can someone please tell me, can Mary Kay frosting be left out at room temp for a day? I used it to frost a red velvet cake and would rather not put the cake in the fridge if I dont have to.

Thanks!!!

5 replies
kansaslaura Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kansaslaura Posted 10 Aug 2010 , 2:14am
post #2 of 6

What is Mary Kay frosting?

CookieMeister Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CookieMeister Posted 10 Aug 2010 , 2:18am
post #3 of 6

I've never heard of a Mary Kay frosting before, but I'm assuming since it's for a red velvet cake, it's a cream cheese frosting? If so, depends on the recipe. Sugar preserves the frosting for a while, but it would depend on the ratio of cream cheese to sugar. I'd err on the safe side of refrigerating it.

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 10 Aug 2010 , 2:28am
post #4 of 6

Yes it can be. My family only uses this recipe and we've never refridgerated the cake.

For those who wonder what it is. here is a link to the recipe on CC.
http://cakecentral.com/recipes/7376/mary-kay-icing

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 10 Aug 2010 , 2:36am
post #5 of 6

I just always knew that icing to be the "cooked red cake frosting" - never knew it had a name! icon_lol.gif

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 10 Aug 2010 , 3:39am
post #6 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loucinda

I just always knew that icing to be the "cooked red cake frosting" - never knew it had a name! icon_lol.gif

We've never called it "Mary Kay Icing" icon_lol.gif My grandmother use to make that cake 45 years ago and we just called it "red velvet cake icing" I so prefer it over cream cheese icing on Red Velvet cake. I think it compliments the red velvet cake perfectly.

I agree, no refrigeration required. thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%