Shot Glass Cake

Decorating By tubbie Updated 10 Aug 2010 , 12:22am by wasabi106

tubbie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tubbie Posted 10 Aug 2010 , 12:00am
post #1 of 4

I am planning my little sisters 21st birthday cake....and I want to do somthing with shot glasses.....does anyone have any ideas????? I was thinking tiered or something that looks tiered....help need ideas. her birthday is xmas eve but party will be closer to new years

3 replies
Bskinne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bskinne Posted 10 Aug 2010 , 12:03am
post #2 of 4

You could do the cake as a bottle of her fave liquor, wine, etc, and do chocolate shot glasses around it....

tokazodo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tokazodo Posted 10 Aug 2010 , 12:07am
post #3 of 4

why not use shot glasses or cordial glasses as separators for the tiers? You could mix them up on each layer.
You could take 2 shot glasses and glue them, tops together or bottoms together and use those as separators. Since she's turning 21, you could use any kind of spirits glasses, wine glasses, champagne glasses, rocks glasses etc... Heck, you could even use cans of beer for the separators! You could make her a cake in the shape of a bottle of champagne. You could get the small 'nip' bottles from the liqueur store incorporate those into your cake design. You could make a 'Bailey's' flavored cake! You could make a champagne flavored cake!

All this from someone who hasn't had a drop in 30 years!

Good luck too you! Be sure to let us know how it turns out!

wasabi106 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wasabi106 Posted 10 Aug 2010 , 12:22am
post #4 of 4

Not really sure on the overall design of the cake, but you could use these but use sugar/isomalt instead of water.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000I1UTNE/?tag=cakecentral-20

Good luck!!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%