Pantry Organization-My Weekend Project

Decorating By IsaSW Updated 10 Aug 2010 , 2:22am by JulieMN

IsaSW Posted 9 Aug 2010 , 11:47pm
post #1 of 4

My weekend project.

I'd had turned the hall small closet into a pantry. My mom visited and one day she was trying to help me clean up for a tasting and basically just jammed everything in it, I promised my self I would clean after she was gone, but then I had a 5 tier cake that weekend, and what a nightmare.
I told my self, I can't bake in this mess again.

I have been wanted for years to use a label maker. So I did for the first time. It was so much fun!

I just want to share with you photos, because I looked at other pictures here in cake central and it helped me a lot to get inspired. I love when people post pictures.

I also want to tell you how I started. I made a list of all the problems I had when I was baking, things that I hated, (while I had it fresh in my mind, I had just finished a 5 tier cake in this mess) for example,

When I would pull the knife, the stuff next to it would get in my way.
The brown sugar, didn't have a home, it would get shuffled around every time I would need something else.
Every time I needed to use the plates for a tasting, I had to lift up napkins and the scale, because they were right on top of them. To place them back,the same, it irritated me.
So every little thing that would irritate me, went to the list, and then at the end I checked them off, everyone of them. I had a solution, for every problem.

I also moved stuff out of the closet, I asked my self: when was the last time you used that turkey pot?, Ten years ago when I wanted to impress my husband and baked a whole turkey. Never done it again since then.
My green place mats?, when I use to entertain, before my daughter was born, 4 years ago.
My white napkins which I use every time I have a tasting, needed that space, so I claimed it-Napkins are more important that a turkey pot in this stage of my life. They deserve that space.

I didn't want to climb in a ladder and drill holes, so I went to Home Depot, got a shoe rack for 12 dollars, and place it there, got my self some shelves without drilling.
The tool magnet at Home Depot, my favorite thing of the whole project, only 12.95. Love it, it can hold up to 20 lbs. Didn't like the yellow stripe, so found this pretty duct tape at Target and Voila! It can be hung in my space.
I also used a paper divider from office depot to contain the lids.
The three shelf thing, so my scale doesn't get in the way when I need my plates.
My way of organizing might not be what you need, but it works for me and maybe it will help you find a solution for YOUR problems.
I hope you can get inspired, I can't wait to make my next cake in my new organized pantry.

3 replies
LePetitCakes Posted 10 Aug 2010 , 12:13am
post #2 of 4

Your pantry looks fantastic!

I just re-organized my pantry as well, and it's amazes me how much more efficient I am already.

Kaylani Posted 10 Aug 2010 , 2:19am
post #3 of 4

I love it!! There is nothing better than that feeling of accomplishment when everything is perfectly organized. thumbs_up.gif

Thank you for sharing! I am inspired to take a day & tackly mine now. icon_smile.gif

JulieMN Posted 10 Aug 2010 , 2:22am
post #4 of 4

Looks great! To have a pantry.....sigh......someday....

Quote by @%username% on %date%