Fall/autumn Recipe Request

Baking By KatesCakesBC Updated 10 Aug 2010 , 2:27am by dawncr

KatesCakesBC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KatesCakesBC Posted 9 Aug 2010 , 10:23pm
post #1 of 9

Hello,

I am making my sister in laws wedding cake in September and they are having a fall themed wedding.

I was originally thinking an apple spice cake but I am stuck for a great pairing for a filling. Ideas? Also I have had no success in getting a good taste and consistency in my test cakes -- anyone have a great apple spice recipe they can point me towards?

Or, I was also contemplating something maybe... hazelnut/nutty - cake or filling??? To go with....???

Any ideas would be great - I have browsed some of the posts on here already but nothing seems to provide an answer that is specifically fall/harvest?

Thanks
K

8 replies
tesso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tesso Posted 9 Aug 2010 , 10:28pm
post #2 of 9

How about a spice cake? with chocolate almond icing?

I have an autumn cake in my photos if you are looking for a color scheme.

cakeythings1961 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakeythings1961 Posted 9 Aug 2010 , 10:57pm
post #3 of 9

A nearby bakery offers a spice cake with cinnamon-chocolate icing...maybe you could do something similar for a filling. Caramel filling also sounds yummy!

My daughter is getting married this Sept, too, and we are doing red velvet cake, because its color will blend so beautifully with the fall-colored fondant leaf decorations we have planned. The filling will be vanilla bean cream, icing will be traditional cream cheese. We will also have chocolate and pumpkin-chocolate chip cupcakes available for those who prefer those flavors (both with mini fondant fall leaf decorations.)

I'm sure you'll come up with something wonderful!
Laura

cdgleason Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cdgleason Posted 9 Aug 2010 , 11:18pm
post #4 of 9

Apple cake is a very popular cake flavor in my household, not just in the fall months, we love it throughout the year! cinnamon cream cheese filling/frosting is a great compliment to the apples in the cake!!

I just add a little fresh grated cinnamon to any standard cream cheese frosting recipe!!

tokazodo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tokazodo Posted 9 Aug 2010 , 11:26pm
post #5 of 9

a layer of Apple cake with a layer of butter pecan?
Apple cake with caramel filling?

Pumpkin spice with a layer of butter pecan?

Growing up in Pennsylvania, I always looked forward to Apple Cider and Ginger Snaps! These are the flavors I think if in the fall!
Oh, and cranberries!

Kibosh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kibosh Posted 9 Aug 2010 , 11:39pm
post #6 of 9

The pumpkin wasc recipe on here is DELICIOUS!!!! I did it with cream cheese icing since it would be consumed quickly, but I have done indydeb recipe with cheesecake icing and it was also very good.

luvbuttercream Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvbuttercream Posted 9 Aug 2010 , 11:46pm
post #7 of 9

I absolutely love a recipe I tried for my daughters fall birthday last year. It is a doctored cake mix recipe and is great!! It is a Pumpkin spice cake with Honey and spice buttercream it is to die for! Or a nice Chai tea cake with a vanilla or chocolate frosting is great too! I have recipes for both if you want them PM me.

KatesCakesBC Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KatesCakesBC Posted 10 Aug 2010 , 1:14am
post #8 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibosh

The pumpkin wasc recipe on here is DELICIOUS!!!! I did it with cream cheese icing since it would be consumed quickly, but I have done indydeb recipe with cheesecake icing and it was also very good.

What is the indydeb recipe? What flavour is it?

Thanks to everyone or the suggestions -- I will always welcome more icon_smile.gif What do people use for a caramel filling??

Thanks
K

dawncr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%