How Can I Make This Please Help!!

Decorating By tasha27 Updated 10 Aug 2010 , 2:41am by tastyart

tasha27 Posted 9 Aug 2010 , 10:01pm
post #1 of 6

So I am making cupcakes for my birthday party. The party will be at the dance studio where I take pole fitness classes so I want to center the cupcakes around that. I have a cupcake tower and at the top I want to put an edible version of the shoe that we wear in class that I have also attached. I have done shoes before but my question is how do I get the heel and the platform of the shoe that high. Some call these shoes strippers shoes but I think it would be cool if I could just figure it out. Also any ideas on the clear straps. Thanks in advance to ANYONE that can help me. Oh the party is Saturday night icon_biggrin.gif ..
LL

5 replies
lilyankee5688 Posted 9 Aug 2010 , 10:39pm
post #2 of 6

You could use rice krispy treats and form the heel and platform parts, then cover in fondant... for the clear straps maybe do gelatin.. I'm not sure if gelatin would work, but check this link out, you can use it for bows, flowers, butterflies... why not straps?!

http://cakecentral.com/articles/694/how-to-make-gelatin-flowers-and-bows

hope this helps... icon_smile.gif

good luck!!!

casme Posted 10 Aug 2010 , 12:47am
post #3 of 6

If you don't care if the strap parts are edible you could cut them out of a clear acetate. Or as the previous poster suggested try using gelatin.

leily Posted 10 Aug 2010 , 1:18am
post #4 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyankee5688

You could use rice krispy treats and form the heel and platform parts, then cover in fondant... for the clear straps maybe do gelatin.. I'm not sure if gelatin would work, but check this link out, you can use it for bows, flowers, butterflies... why not straps?!

http://cakecentral.com/articles/694/how-to-make-gelatin-flowers-and-bows

hope this helps... icon_smile.gif

good luck!!!

I was thinking the same thing on the RKT and the gelatin.

tasha27 Posted 10 Aug 2010 , 2:26am
post #5 of 6

Thanks I was thinking that but wasn't sure if the RK would be strong enough to hold up that high. I like the acetate idea since it is my cake and I really don't care if its edible or not. Now can someone give me the ingridients for the RK its minus the butter right?

tastyart Posted 10 Aug 2010 , 2:41am
post #6 of 6

I agree about the gelatin. It will definately work. I used it for a clear purse handle and it was great!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%