Gifting Cupcakes To New Neighbors

Baking By kger Updated 9 Aug 2010 , 10:35pm by patticake1951

kger Posted 9 Aug 2010 , 8:31pm
post #1 of 13

DH suggested I bake our brand new neighbors some cupcakes. My initial instinct was to do a cupcake bouquet (been looking for an excuse to make one), but after thinking about it, I feel like it may be to showy-offy.

Would you just do frosting swirl and stick 'em in a box, or would you present with a bouquet?

12 replies
GL79 Posted 9 Aug 2010 , 8:43pm
post #2 of 13

I hope my new neighbors welcome me with a cupcake bouquet!!!
I think you should go for it, if you're still having doubts, make it simple.

kelleyskreations Posted 9 Aug 2010 , 8:44pm
post #3 of 13

I would do the bouquet. I just made one today but have noone to give it to. LOL Still trying to think of someone icon_smile.gif Or maybe we will just eat it! LOL

BecuzImAGurl Posted 9 Aug 2010 , 8:45pm
post #4 of 13

why would a cupcake bouquet be a show-off? I think that its just a product of appreciation and the attention that was put in making the gift. They will be touched that they receive such a pretty gift and of the time you took to make it.

tracicakes Posted 9 Aug 2010 , 8:47pm
post #5 of 13

You need an excuse to make one...do it! You will not be a show off.

MadMillie Posted 9 Aug 2010 , 8:53pm
post #6 of 13

Do a bouquet, post your pictures and I will have something to go by. I also have new neighbors and feel like I have been a snob for not doing something. Be my inspiration.

deMuralist Posted 9 Aug 2010 , 8:57pm
post #7 of 13

it seems to me it is a great way to give a cute little vase or pot as a house warming gift, with the incredible addition of cupcakes. Sounds very sweet!

SoSasha Posted 9 Aug 2010 , 9:17pm
post #8 of 13

I think it's an adorable idea. How could someone look at a bouquet of cupcakes and *not* be happy. The words "gift" and "reasonable" should never be in the same sentence IMO, life is too short and cupcakes are too fun!

kger Posted 9 Aug 2010 , 9:18pm
post #9 of 13

Hooray! I'll do it! Now I just have to get to a store for cups and a flower pot.

SoSasha Posted 9 Aug 2010 , 9:26pm
post #10 of 13

I think it's an adorable idea. How could someone look at a bouquet of cupcakes and *not* be happy. The words "gift" and "reasonable" should never be in the same sentence IMO, life is too short and cupcakes are too fun!

Tug Posted 9 Aug 2010 , 9:31pm
post #11 of 13

Can I be your new neighbor? I want a cupcake bouquet. icon_lol.gif

keriskreations Posted 9 Aug 2010 , 9:32pm
post #12 of 13

Can I be your neighbor??? Seriously, I think it's an awesome idea! We don't even get a wave from our neighbors - in fact, they close their garage door every time we are or go outside in the front yard. ha!

patticake1951 Posted 9 Aug 2010 , 10:35pm
post #13 of 13

I love the idea, I wish I had you for a neighbor too. I would be scared to take anything from some of my neighbors. icon_twisted.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%