How Do I Color Pearls Navy?

Decorating By SRC_Dee Updated 10 Aug 2010 , 2:24am by bennett5

SRC_Dee Posted 9 Aug 2010 , 8:30pm
post #1 of 4

I have a bride who has chosen Navy blue as her main color and wants navy pearls on the cake and cupcakes. Any ideas or experience will be most helpful. I live in a rural town and have order my supplies online or make them.

Thank you!

3 replies
pmarks0 Posted 10 Aug 2010 , 1:34am
post #2 of 4

I've never done this, but I'd think it would be much like if you wanted to colour coconut. Try putting a few into a container with a lid and add a drop of the navy colour. Cover the container and gentle shake it up and see if that gets them blue.

Loucinda Posted 10 Aug 2010 , 2:07am
post #3 of 4

I had to make very dark purple pearls recently. What I did was I bought the color from Beth Parvu, (crystal colors) and mixed the dark purple crystal color powder with a little bit of super pearl luster dust....put the pearls in a small container with those 2 colors and shake! (I used a medium size souffle cup that had a lid) It worked out perfectly!

bennett5 Posted 10 Aug 2010 , 2:24am
post #4 of 4

I agree completely w/the last poster, this is the way I color my "jimmy" sprinkles if I dont have the color I want. Use white sprinkles and coloring powder, dust,highlighter,or disco dust. Put them in a bagie and shake,shake,shake! icon_razz.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%