How Do I Color Pearls Navy?

Decorating By SRC_Dee Updated 10 Aug 2010 , 2:24am by bennett5

SRC_Dee Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SRC_Dee Posted 9 Aug 2010 , 8:30pm
post #1 of 4

I have a bride who has chosen Navy blue as her main color and wants navy pearls on the cake and cupcakes. Any ideas or experience will be most helpful. I live in a rural town and have order my supplies online or make them.

Thank you!

3 replies
pmarks0 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pmarks0 Posted 10 Aug 2010 , 1:34am
post #2 of 4

I've never done this, but I'd think it would be much like if you wanted to colour coconut. Try putting a few into a container with a lid and add a drop of the navy colour. Cover the container and gentle shake it up and see if that gets them blue.

Loucinda Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Loucinda Posted 10 Aug 2010 , 2:07am
post #3 of 4

I had to make very dark purple pearls recently. What I did was I bought the color from Beth Parvu, (crystal colors) and mixed the dark purple crystal color powder with a little bit of super pearl luster dust....put the pearls in a small container with those 2 colors and shake! (I used a medium size souffle cup that had a lid) It worked out perfectly!

bennett5 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bennett5 Posted 10 Aug 2010 , 2:24am
post #4 of 4

I agree completely w/the last poster, this is the way I color my "jimmy" sprinkles if I dont have the color I want. Use white sprinkles and coloring powder, dust,highlighter,or disco dust. Put them in a bagie and shake,shake,shake! icon_razz.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%