Help Can't Release Cake! Respond Please!

Decorating By Gavriela Updated 10 Aug 2010 , 2:06am by anxietyattack

Gavriela Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gavriela Posted 9 Aug 2010 , 7:53pm
post #1 of 11

Character cake will not release from buttered and floured pan. Cake Due at 4pm today! Help,

I have reheated, froze, scraped edges, tried to twist the pan! HELP!

10 replies
JaeRodriguez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JaeRodriguez Posted 9 Aug 2010 , 7:56pm
post #2 of 11

bang on the bottom?

Skirt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Skirt Posted 9 Aug 2010 , 8:07pm
post #3 of 11

The sides can be 'loosened' by running a knife around the edges but I'm not sure there's much you can do for the bottom. Maybe dip the pan in boiling water?

DeeDelightful Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
DeeDelightful Posted 9 Aug 2010 , 8:10pm
post #4 of 11

So sorry about that....for future reference the Pam spray for baking (has flour in it) and other baking sprays work wonders. I spray all my pans heavily. When i take the cake out the oven, I gently shake pan up and down until i hear a "bump bump" sound, which to me means the cake has released from the bottom, then let cool.

carmijok Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
carmijok Posted 9 Aug 2010 , 8:12pm
post #5 of 11

Don't know about the bottom of your cake situation now, but in the future I recommend what I do...and I've NEVER had a 'sticky situation'. Grease with Crisco, shake with flour and then spray a coat of Pam over all.

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 9 Aug 2010 , 8:18pm
post #6 of 11

This is why I use homeade pan grease. You can use a pastry brush and coat every nook and cranny in any pan.

Sorry to hear about your 'sticking' problem. Hopefully the cake will release with minimal or no damage.

JulieMN Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JulieMN Posted 9 Aug 2010 , 8:26pm
post #7 of 11

For the future.....baking spray or pan grease AND parchment or wax paper to line the pan. Cakes pop right out.....

Skirt Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Skirt Posted 9 Aug 2010 , 10:17pm
post #8 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieMN

For the future.....baking spray or pan grease AND parchment or wax paper to line the pan. Cakes pop right out.....

Except parchment paper doesn't come in 'Spiderman' shape! icon_wink.gif

I agree with all who mentioned baking spray. Walmart put Baker's Joy on sale super cheap during the holidays last year and I still have some now!

kansaslaura Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kansaslaura Posted 9 Aug 2010 , 10:34pm
post #9 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavriela

Character cake will not release from buttered and floured pan. Cake Due at 4pm today! Help,

I have reheated, froze, scraped edges, tried to twist the pan! HELP!

Too late in my time zone to be of any help, but if you actually used butter instead of Crisco that may be the problem.

Gavriela Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gavriela Posted 10 Aug 2010 , 12:02am
post #10 of 11

Lesson learned, cake came free with minimal damage, banging pan worked... I will try spray over the top of greasing and flour next time....

This did not happen with my other character pans... Oh well it's all good.

anxietyattack Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
anxietyattack Posted 10 Aug 2010 , 2:06am
post #11 of 11

Just jumpin in but I used the cake release recipe that someone posted her on CC and it's worked better for me than baker's joy, pam, and Crisco.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%