I Dont Know How Much I Should Charge

Decorating By vanessaa79 Updated 9 Aug 2010 , 7:11pm by indydebi

vanessaa79 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
vanessaa79 Posted 9 Aug 2010 , 6:17pm
post #1 of 2

Hi
Ive been doing cakes on the side for a while but have no clue what I should be charging, I have a 2 tier toy story marsh mellow fondant covered cake I have to do and I dont want to over charge. Any ideas on how to help me price cakes would be greatly appreciated Thanks

1 reply
indydebi Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
indydebi Posted 9 Aug 2010 , 7:11pm
post #2 of 2

2 tier ..... that could be a number of different sizes. How many people are you planning for the cake to serve? A lot of cakers start with a price-per-serving and build on that according to the design.

Quote:
Quote:

and I dont want to over charge.

Don't worry ..... you won't. No matter what you price it at, it won't be "over charged"! thumbs_up.gif

In reality, none of us can really say what you should charge. Factors such as cost of your supplies, your local market (New York can charge more than Iowa), your overhead costs, and the quality of your work all come into play when figuring pricing.

If you haven't had a chance to read thru the business forum, you might take a few hours (yes, HOURS! icon_wink.gif ) and read all the pricing threads you can. It's a goldmine of information and you will find lots of tips, ideas, and suggestions that will help you thru the process.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%