Cupcake Ribbon Instead Of Liners

Baking By Writecakes Updated 10 Aug 2010 , 4:12pm by Writecakes

Writecakes Posted 9 Aug 2010 , 1:50pm
post #1 of 9

Has anyone used a ribbon instead of a liner? I'm wondering what kind of temporary adhesive I can use to do it that will stick long enough to keep the ribbons on for display, but be easy to remove when people eat them. Any suggestions would be really appreciated.

8 replies
iluvpeeks Posted 9 Aug 2010 , 4:51pm
post #2 of 9

Thats a really cute idea. Maybe if you tried using double sided tape? Or maybe even a small dot from a glue gun? Just an idea.. I think that would look really nice though.

cheatize Posted 10 Aug 2010 , 12:13am
post #3 of 9

Do you mean as a decorative liner? You would still bake the cupcake in a food safe liner and then use ribbon to make a decorative liner?

iluvpeeks Posted 10 Aug 2010 , 12:33am
post #4 of 9

OOOH icon_eek.gif I hope thats what she meant!

Writecakes Posted 10 Aug 2010 , 3:43pm
post #5 of 9

Yes, I bake it in a liner and then peel the liner off and then use ribbon instead of a liner. I've done it before with a bit of hot glue but sometimes that makes it harder to peel off. I'm looking for an adhesive that would be strong enough to hold, but easy enough that you could pull off the ribbon. icon_smile.gif

iluvpeeks Posted 10 Aug 2010 , 3:55pm
post #6 of 9

Oh okay. Try a Zig pen. You apply the glue, wait for it to dry, then stick together. You can find them in Michaels. By the way, your cupcakes are beautiful! Love all the bouquets.

Writecakes Posted 10 Aug 2010 , 4:04pm
post #7 of 9

Thank you so much for the kind words. I'll try the Zig pen. Thanks so much icon_smile.gif

iluvpeeks Posted 10 Aug 2010 , 4:08pm
post #8 of 9

You are welcome. The Zig pen that I have looks just like a pen, and it says 2 way glue on it. For a permanent stick, you apply the glue, and stick right away, and for a temporary stick, you wait for the glue to dry, and then stick together. It goes on blue, but dries clear. Good luck!

Writecakes Posted 10 Aug 2010 , 4:12pm
post #9 of 9

Awesome!! That is exactly what I need! Thanks so much - and thanks for giving me an excuse to go to Michaels icon_wink.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%