Need Help Growing Business....any Suggestions Please?

Business By cakertainment Updated 10 Aug 2010 , 1:25am by leily

cakertainment Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakertainment Posted 9 Aug 2010 , 1:48pm
post #1 of 6

Hi everyone.....I started my business about 4 months ago.....I have 3 weddings I am doing in Septemeber and 2 in November so I am starting out good. I want to start getting more business though what do others do to get more clients? I don't know how to go about talking to reception places or other wedding vendors....can you help please....thanks for any suggestions!! Have a goo day! icon_smile.gif

5 replies
beesweetcakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
beesweetcakes Posted 9 Aug 2010 , 11:31pm
post #2 of 6

Hi! I am new to the whole cake decorating business as well. This is what I did. First, I made business cards. I then created my own website. I also have a large car window sticker. Hope that helps.

Good luck!

Echooo3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Echooo3 Posted 9 Aug 2010 , 11:47pm
post #3 of 6

I went to google and typed "custom cakes orlando" or "orlando cakes" you know -- variations of that. Guess what, there are a lot of sites that pop up that will let you advertise for free.

That's what working for me. I ask "how did you hear about me" -- response "typed in deliver cakes to Walt Disney World" -- cool. I also offer free delivery. Nobody else does that -- NOBODY.

Bskinne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bskinne Posted 10 Aug 2010 , 12:17am
post #4 of 6

Do you have a website yet? If not, create one, and make sure you have lots of content on it. Google Analytics uses amount of content on the page to help you come up higher in organic placement. Make sure you have lots of tags on it. Weebly is a good site to set up an intial free site. Also, they allow you to create a contact form. Make sure you utilize your free sites, such as Craigslist and Facebook, directing people to your site (looks a lot more professional). Work on a good letter to event planners and try to set up tastings for them. Also, I know it's old school, but put up flyers in places like coffee shops, etc.....

rmelendrez Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rmelendrez Posted 10 Aug 2010 , 12:32am
post #5 of 6

Join your Chamber of Commerce and get on board with the various networking groups that are a fit for your business.

leily Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leily Posted 10 Aug 2010 , 1:25am
post #6 of 6

You don't say where you're located or if you are working from home. But if you're in a state that allows home bakeries you will want to verify what type of advertising you can do. Even though some states allow you to have a home based baking business, they still restrict what type of advertising you can do (business cards, ads, etc..) Just something to consider.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%