Has Anyone Ever Used The Kwikscan Edible Image System

Decorating By kaseyrconnect Updated 10 Aug 2010 , 5:00am by kaseyrconnect

kaseyrconnect Posted 9 Aug 2010 , 6:54am
post #1 of 7

I was wondering if anyone owned or used the kwikscan system from kopykake, and if so, what did they think of it? I am trying to decide what system to get, and I want to make sure that my money is well spent. Thanks in advance for any help with this.

6 replies
icingimages Posted 9 Aug 2010 , 11:52am
post #2 of 7

The Kwikscan is probably more then you need. Spending more, doesnt mean better. The reason I say this is that system is ment for people who dont have a computer...which you obviously have! In addition, it is an Epson. We recomomend Canons as they have removable printheads, you can clean them if or change the printhead if you run into problems. With Epsons, if you run into a bad clog that you cannot get out, you will need to replace the printer. If you already have a computer... which you do, and you have a scanner, you do not need to purchse any extra equipment, just the edible printer.
While it is important to get the best, it is also important not to purchase redundant equipment which you may already have!

kaseyrconnect Posted 10 Aug 2010 , 1:27am
post #3 of 7

Thanks so much for taking the time to post this. This info has really helped. I didn't realize that it was an Epson printer, as that was what I had before and had problems with.
.You have been very helpful.

icingimages Posted 10 Aug 2010 , 2:55am
post #4 of 7

If you are going to ICES, please stop by our booth as you can try our products to see what you like. Booth 428/430

kaseyrconnect Posted 10 Aug 2010 , 4:21am
post #5 of 7

Thank you, I won't be able to go to ICES, but I have been checking out your printer on your website and I am definitely thinking of buying one. Is it possible to have 2 printers hooked up to your computer, and if so, does this mean, I can scan something on my regular printer and have it printed out on my edible printer? I guess this is why I was looking at a stand alone printer in the first place, because I didn't know if this was possible.

gingerbreadtogo Posted 10 Aug 2010 , 4:45am
post #6 of 7

You can have mulitiple printers on 1 computer. You can scan stuff into computer and have it print on edible printer. I would go with Icing Images, I bought my stuff from kopykake and not real happy with their support. ( I have a canonIP3600).

Good Luck, Lisa

kaseyrconnect Posted 10 Aug 2010 , 5:00am
post #7 of 7

Thanks, Lisa. That really helped me out.

Quote by @%username% on %date%