Fondant Or Gumpaste Circus Animals

Decorating By ashlynsbowtique Updated 9 Aug 2010 , 3:38am by casme

ashlynsbowtique Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ashlynsbowtique Posted 9 Aug 2010 , 1:58am
post #1 of 3

I am making a birthday cake for my son and daughter for their big circus themed party. I wanted to have circus animals around the layers and maybe on top as well. I was hoping to find a tutorial on making figures, but haven't been able to find anything so I'm hoping someone can give me some tips. I was thinking maybe a lion, monkey, elephant, etc. Any tips appreciated! icon_smile.gif

2 replies
TapsTreats Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TapsTreats Posted 9 Aug 2010 , 2:45am
post #2 of 3

Hi - I just made a couple of animals for a baby shower cake this past week. I did th giraffe and the zebra with mmf and added tylose and I did the elephant 50/50 gumpaste and fondant because my first one broke the day before. UGH. I got on youtube and found a couple of tutorials. Type in how to make a lion and one will pop up. She was the one that I like the best. Not sure if you like mine, but Iwanted them to be more "fake" versus life like.

I used a toothpick and stuck it in the body to hold the body and head together. These were my first fondant animals. Besides a teddy bear. PM me if you need anything else.

Good luck!

casme Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
casme Posted 9 Aug 2010 , 3:38am
post #3 of 3

If you don't find something on utube go to michaels or hobby lobby and look at books in the clay aisle. They have many on just animal. You of course will be using gumpaste or fondant. I prefer to do all my figures out of gumpaste. Look in my pics for examples. They really are not hard when you see them broken down into steps and they are so much fun. Good luck.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%