What To Do When You Want A Disaster?

Decorating By BethLS Updated 9 Aug 2010 , 2:41pm by BethLS

BethLS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BethLS Posted 9 Aug 2010 , 1:37am
post #1 of 13

I know that title subject got your attention icon_wink.gif

I won a cake competition a week ago, and I just got the cake back from being on display. Since I'm not going to eat it (Im sure it might be okay to eat, but I'd rather not!) I would love ideas on fun-ways to destroy this cake!

Its a three tier 12,9,6 covered in fondant. icon_biggrin.gif

Gimme your best! icon_smile.gif

(and, I have plenty of access to farm machinery, guns (hehe), and fireworks icon_wink.gif

12 replies
Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 9 Aug 2010 , 2:03am
post #2 of 13

what would a combine do to it?

or a harrow?

guns -- almost too easy.

fireworks? hmmm....lots of possibilities.

i say to a mythbusters type of thing

start small and keep going bigger until total demolition is achieved.

VentureSister Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VentureSister Posted 9 Aug 2010 , 2:17am
post #3 of 13

Fireworks sound fun.
Although if you have a really bad day, you could take a page out of "Office Space" and just beat the heck out of it with a bat.

bohemiagetsajob Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bohemiagetsajob Posted 9 Aug 2010 , 2:17am
post #4 of 13

I'm a big fan of the fireworks myself....

Or hitting things with hammers.

BethLS Posted 9 Aug 2010 , 2:39am
post #5 of 13

Hehe this is a fun thread!

Im thinking of hallowing out the center somehow and making a "Works bomb" (youtube it!)

But maybe I'll have my dad or DH take a tractor and see if he can stick a tine into the cake and lift in in the air and watch it drop icon_wink.gif

Must. Get. Video!

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 9 Aug 2010 , 2:49am
post #6 of 13

don't know if you have one on your farm...

but what would it look like going through a manure spreader?

Karen421 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Karen421 Posted 9 Aug 2010 , 2:58am
post #7 of 13

How about a hay mower? or a square baler, that could be fun! icon_lol.gificon_lol.gif

kansaslaura Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kansaslaura Posted 9 Aug 2010 , 3:05am
post #8 of 13

Duff took some cakes out and shot at them--that looked like TOTAL fun! Blam blam blammm!!

SugarFrosted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarFrosted Posted 9 Aug 2010 , 5:18am
post #9 of 13

Do you remember that scene in the movie Fargo, where the sheriff walks around the house and the guy is putting pieces of his buddy into a...

Wood chipper? LOL

Freeze the cake first, though. That'd make instant cake confetti!

Be sure and record whatever you do, and post it on youtube or wherever!

tootie0809 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tootie0809 Posted 9 Aug 2010 , 5:41am
post #10 of 13

If it were me, I'd throw that sucker in the back of my SUV, over a nice thick layer of towels or canvas tarps, and take it on a test ride to see just how much abuse in the car a cake really can take before it topples, slides, or becomes a delivery disaster. I've always wanted to know just how quick can I take a turn with a cake in my car before it actually will fall.

Bfisher2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bfisher2 Posted 9 Aug 2010 , 5:53am
post #11 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by tootie0809

If it were me, I'd throw that sucker in the back of my SUV, over a nice thick layer of towels or canvas tarps, and take it on a test ride to see just how much abuse in the car a cake really can take before it topples, slides, or becomes a delivery disaster. I've always wanted to know just how quick can I take a turn with a cake in my car before it actually will fall.

Now there is a creative end with a purpose!!!! icon_lol.gifthumbs_up.gif

FleurDeCake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
FleurDeCake Posted 9 Aug 2010 , 6:13am
post #12 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by tootie0809

I am so liking this idea .... fun but useful info LOL

BethLS Posted 9 Aug 2010 , 2:41pm
post #13 of 13

haha what would the fun be in that?

This cake has already surpassed my stability test....it went off-roading in the back of a jeep at the fair-grounds! And the plates and dowels worked just fine icon_wink.gif Today (its in the un-ac'd garage) the cakes fondant is starting to droop a bit (icing is melting) but this cake is OLD. lol

Thinking of maybe putting it on the spring-board and making it soar high into the lake *muhahaha*

My car is at the shop today so will have to wait till tomorrow to get it to rural country icon_wink.gif So excited to demo this sucker!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%