Don't You Hate It When...

Decorating By mommy1st Updated 11 Aug 2010 , 6:00am by Linda2010

mommy1st Posted 9 Aug 2010 , 12:07am
post #1 of 3

Had a full sheet cake for Saturday to deliver an hour after I got off work so I decided to make it Friday. No problem...I baked all of the cakes Thursday, or so I thought. Friday, went to pull out the cake, and realized I forgot to make one of the 1/2 sheets I needed. Turned into a late night, but got everything done. Very thankful I didn't wait until Saturday to decorate the cake.Can say I have never had that happen before. Thank God for a patient family who isn't afraid to help when needed.

2 replies
indydebi Posted 9 Aug 2010 , 12:13am
post #2 of 3

I went the other way once. On a weekend that I had 3 or 4 wedding cakes PLUS I was busy with one of my fraternity caterings (3 days of breakfast, lunch, dinner for 150 +/- college guys!), I made a list of all of the cakes I needed to bake.

I ended up with two 12" strawberry rounds leftover. icon_confused.gif No idea where I got them from because NONE of the cakes needed strawberry! icon_eek.gif I kept saying "I didn't just make this up! These cakes go SOMEWHERE!"

No idea where I came up with 12" strawberries, but I do know they sat in my freezer for awhile until I found a use for them! dunce.gif

Linda2010 Posted 11 Aug 2010 , 6:00am
post #3 of 3

I always give a small taste of my cakes when my customes place any order. Saturday one of my customers husband came to pick up the cake for a young girl´s babyshower http://www.cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1765905 . Since he saw the cake I could see that he was not happy. I asked him if he had any problem with it. He said no and left with the cake. Sunday I got an e.mail from the girl saying that she was really disapointed of the flavor of the cake, that it was hard that she did not have enough for all her guests and at the same time she said that she had to dump it into the garbage (?) (Not enough or dumped? make up your mind icon_mad.gif ) anyway she said that the cakes from walmart had better taste and she gave me and advise icon_eek.gif : that I should change the "genuas" of my cakes icon_lol.gif . I answer to her that the cake that she tasted was pound cake, It is dense, not hard. That the GENOISE is a different type of cake, because when the genois only takes two tablespoons of butter a pound cake takes almost a cup of it. And for the complaint about the size, I attached links to the cake serving guide of a couple of places. I think the problem was that the husband weas expecting a bigger cake. Tonight I included a cake serving guide in my web page.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%