Pooh Baby Shower With A Russian Angle

Decorating By kger Updated 15 May 2012 , 12:24pm by ShaunMarsh

kger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kger Posted 8 Aug 2010 , 10:45pm
post #1 of 5

My SIL is Russian and expecting # 1. When I first started planning the shower and cake, I had planned to do 4 blocks at an angle, so the top would be B-A-B-Y but the front would have space for 8 letters, so I was going to do "malyshka" in Russian, which means baby girl.

Skip ahead to now, SIL is big time into Winnie the Pooh. It's become almost an obsession with her and it's a little contagious because we all get excited when we find pink Winnie the Pooh stuff.

So I'm feeling like I need to do a Pooh theme for the shower so I need to somehow translate that into the cake (not hard to do) but I would also like to bring the Russian in, as well. I could always just write something Russian on the cake, I guess.

4 replies
Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 8 Aug 2010 , 11:00pm
post #2 of 5

what, pooh doesn't like to play with blocks???

(i understand that piglet, often seen in pink striped top, likes blocks too)

(tigger prefers to knock them down)

(eyeore tends to end having them resting on his tail))

-----

if up for it up for it.....

standing up pooh

hand on top block

8 blocks

at angle so can see two sides of each block

down one side "baby girl"

down the other "malyshka"

mimido Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mimido Posted 8 Aug 2010 , 11:02pm
post #3 of 5

You could still do your blocks and have pooh sitting on one, or scatter some toys around the blocks and let pooh be one of the toys that way you have pooh and your russian

kger Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kger Posted 9 Aug 2010 , 8:10pm
post #4 of 5

Since I'm no where near ready to make figurines, I bought 3D Pooh pan off of ebay last night. You guys are right, pooh with blocks will totally work. I'll just give pooh a pink shirt instead of red (or would that make him too transgendered?) and do the blocks in front with the russian lettering. Thanks!

ShaunMarsh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ShaunMarsh Posted 15 May 2012 , 12:24pm
post #5 of 5

I like your concept of 4 blocks and i think pink color looks good on pooh.

Pooh Baby Shower

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%