Cake,filling,frosting Ideas Please For A 2 Year Old Party.

Decorating By dorisvonbunneh Updated 8 Aug 2010 , 10:36pm by BeanCountingBaker

dorisvonbunneh Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dorisvonbunneh Posted 8 Aug 2010 , 10:01pm
post #1 of 3

Hello, This is my first post on here. I am just a regular mom wanting to make a yummy cake for my little girl's 2nd birthday. I have gotten many neat ideas and tips reading and lurking on the forum. Thank you ..this place rocks.

I was wonder though. I plan on making a chocolate cake and a strawberry cake.

I am looking for some ideas on what kind of frosting and fillings would be good with that combination of cake flavors.

I am making an elmo face cake and sitting it atop a half sheet pan. I plan to make the elmo face strawberry and the sheet cake chocolate.

But I am having a hard time deciding what flavor combination to use for the frosting for both and then id like to fill the sheet cake with some kind of filling.

OH and also can chocoalte buttercream be tinted to a color?

any ideas and flavor combos suggestions please!

2 replies
luvbuttercream Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
luvbuttercream Posted 8 Aug 2010 , 10:17pm
post #2 of 3

The only color chocolate buttercream can go other than brown is black. A good filling for the chocolate cake could be raspberry filling or maybe just a simple sweetened whipping cream. If you made a vanilla buttercream it can be tinted any color and would compliment both cake flavors well.

Oh and welcome!

BeanCountingBaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
BeanCountingBaker Posted 8 Aug 2010 , 10:36pm
post #3 of 3

Nutella mixed with buttercream makes a great filling for chocolate cake. You could make a chocolatey filling for the sheet cake then frost with a white buttercream.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%