Chocolate Fondarific Fondant Flavor Questions

Decorating By pitch16 Updated 11 Aug 2010 , 1:06am by pitch16

pitch16 Posted 8 Aug 2010 , 4:36pm
post #1 of 10

does anyone know what cake flavors and filling flavors would work really well with fondarific chocolate tootsie flavored fondant? Please help

9 replies
iluvpeeks Posted 9 Aug 2010 , 12:26am
post #2 of 10

I used Dawn's Vanilla Butter Cake Recipe with nutella filling and chocolate ganache. It was really good. I have also used it with chocolate cake with marshmallow filling, chocolate ganache, and the chocolate fondant. It was very good also. The fondant does taste just like tootsie rolls, so its not like it would compete with the flavors you choose for your cake. I HTH

iluvpeeks Posted 9 Aug 2010 , 12:29am
post #3 of 10

Oh and by the way Welcome to Cake Central. There are so many very experienced bakers, and hobby bakers that give great advice on just about anything. Enjoy!

sweettreat101 Posted 9 Aug 2010 , 6:24am
post #4 of 10

I used it recently for my cousins wedding cake. I made a white cake with a vanilla mousse frosted in ganache and covered in Fondarific chocolate fondant. Have you tried working with it yet? It's like trying to roll out rubber but one good thing is it doesn't tear.

pitch16 Posted 10 Aug 2010 , 4:15am
post #5 of 10

Thanks so much for your info. I just found this site, it is so useful! I havent worked with it yet. I am making a cake for my bestt friends baby shower. here and i make funky cakes as a hobby, so this site is perfect because we like to try to things. Any suggestions for working with it and rollong it out. i am using it on a large sheet cake so there is lots of rolling. Any advice is greatly appreciated, thanks again icon_biggrin.gif

iluvpeeks Posted 10 Aug 2010 , 4:43am
post #6 of 10

First off, I love Fondarific. It is very rubbery feeling, but if you knead it really good, it rolls out really easy. I have a back full of metal due to several back surgeries, so my strength stinks, so Fondarific is great for me to use. Just keep in mind not to roll it out too thin, because you don't want it to tear. Also, measure the sides and the top of the cake, and add a few inches to make sure that you have rolled out enough fondant, so you don't have to stretch it. That could also cause your fondant to tear. Do a search on cc, and you'll find lots of suggestions. Also go on You Tube, and you can find lots of videos. This way you can get a visual at the same time. I hope this helps. I know for myself I have learned so much on cc and You Tube. Good luck! icon_biggrin.gif

iluvpeeks Posted 10 Aug 2010 , 4:46am
post #7 of 10

sweetreat The combo that you used sounds delicious!

sweettreat101 Posted 10 Aug 2010 , 8:59am
post #8 of 10

The lovely thing about Fondarific is you can roll it thin which means you can purchase less fondant. For me it was really hard to knead. I had to microwave the fondant several times to get it to the point where I could actually knead the fondant. Measure the size of your cake add the height of the sides into your measurements. Some people drape the fondant over their rolling pin to apply to their cakes. I have a large piece of cardboard covered with freezer paper. Once I roll out my fondant I lift the side of the fondant and slide the cardboard under the fondant. Then I lift the cardboard and place over the top of my cake and slide the fondant over the top of the cake. I find that I get less creases or lines when doing this. If you want your fondant to have a little sheen you can apply a light layer of shortening. I take a paper towel with a little shortening and gently cover the fondant. It also helps hide any little holes left behind from poking air bubbles. If you use ganache you will get sharper edges and crisper corners.

sweettreat101 Posted 10 Aug 2010 , 9:01am
post #9 of 10

Forgot to add Fondarific doesn't require alot of dusting or shortening to roll out. Just lightly dust your surface don't grease your surface.

pitch16 Posted 11 Aug 2010 , 1:06am
post #10 of 10

thank you so much!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%