Food Coloring For Fondant

Decorating By kelleyskreations Updated 23 Jun 2013 , 7:16pm by Ralch

kelleyskreations Posted 8 Aug 2010 , 3:39pm
post #1 of 9

What type of food coloring is best for gettting bright pretty fondant colors?? Mine are coming out more pastel. I have seen Duff's electric colors but have not tried those. Thanks icon_smile.gif

8 replies
lisamenz Posted 8 Aug 2010 , 3:55pm
post #2 of 9

There are several out there that are really great. Yes Duff's do work good. I have tried them recently and been happy. I like Americolor. They are really bright solid colors. I hope this helps. I like you sometimes don't get the nice brilliant colors I want from the Wilton Brands. They do in a pinch, but if I want a very true color I go to the others. Happy Cake Decorating icon_wink.gif

kelleyskreations Posted 8 Aug 2010 , 4:03pm
post #3 of 9

Thank you icon_smile.gif I would rather just buy white fondant and color it and not keep having to buy the colors because I cannot get a good solid color. Where do you buy americolors???

leah_s Posted 8 Aug 2010 , 4:04pm
post #4 of 9

I just buy the pre-colored fondant. If I need brights, there they are. if I need pastels, I just knead a wee bit of the pastel into a blob of white, and there it is.

lisamenz Posted 8 Aug 2010 , 4:23pm
post #5 of 9

You can buy it at most cake supply places on line. Most likely Global Sugar Art will have it. They have everything ;0) or just do a google search for Americolor., you will find them. Great product. Hope this helps icon_lol.gif

Ellie1985 Posted 8 Aug 2010 , 4:38pm
post #6 of 9

I also buy fondant if I want black, dark brown or a bright color. You have to use so much food coloring to get a deep color that it soften the fondant too much. Also Hobby Lobby now carries Americolor.

Ralch Posted 23 Jun 2013 , 7:16pm
post #7 of 9

AI have tried wilton and sugar flair. Wilton has great products, but their food colours dnt work for me at all. Sugar flair is a bit better. I recently purchased americolor p aste and air brush sheen set, I'm yet. To use them, but frm all the positive reviews IV read abt this brand, I'm really hopeful.

post #8 of 9

AI have tried wilton and sugar flair. Wilton has great products, but their food colours dnt work for me at all. Sugar flair is a bit better. I recently purchased americolor p aste and air brush sheen set, I'm yet. To use them, but frm all the positive reviews IV read abt this brand, I'm really hopeful.

post #9 of 9

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%