Dark And Bright Fondant Tasty?????

Baking By patiese1 Updated 20 Aug 2010 , 9:33pm by Goldberry

patiese1 Posted 7 Aug 2010 , 7:07pm
post #1 of 6

I know there are posts on this before but ...... I need to make a dark or bright fondant but because of having to put so much coloring in it its not very tasty icon_cry.gif . How do I make a bright or dark fondant taste better? I'm open to any and all suggestions.

5 replies
patiese1 Posted 15 Aug 2010 , 3:01am
post #2 of 6

I guess no one has an answer for my problem. Do you just tell the customer they have to suck it up and deal? I'm new to all of this, so I don't want to tick off anyone. So no one knows how to make dark or bright color taste good?

illustreeous Posted 15 Aug 2010 , 3:24am
post #3 of 6

add extract of ur choice! i usually add vanilla as the most simple one but i've used hazelnut all the way to lemon :]
be careful on the amounts! you can keep adding but there isnt any subtracting! Goodluck.

GHOST_USER_NAME Posted 15 Aug 2010 , 3:50am
post #4 of 6

I'm sort of new to this as well but what has worked for me when I need a dark color is to paint the fondant with a mixture of extract and luster dust. You have to do it once it's placed on the cake. I used almond extract but you can use vanilla too.

leily Posted 15 Aug 2010 , 3:57am
post #5 of 6

If your making the fondnt, add the coloring to the liquids before adding the PS. It uses a lot less color this way and doesn't taste bad.

otherwise order it precolored from Satin ice or Fondarific. Their colors taste close to the regular white.

Goldberry Posted 20 Aug 2010 , 9:33pm
post #6 of 6

when I use royal icing (different I know) I use dust colours to get the brightness of colour. I'm not sure what is available in the states but I use House of Colur dust -please don't mistake this for dusting powder this is the real colour. I would also add a drop of the liquid colour too - this seems to make a big difference

Quote by @%username% on %date%